iPad plus OnX perfect !

The guys I hunt with that have onX seem to spend more time looking at the screen than hunting. I have mine on a little tiny Garmin, so it isn't so much fun to look at. I mostly use it to get back to camp in the dark, and mark my hot spots.

I'm serious lol. I read something about losing spatial awareness or something like that from using GPS units. I have noticed I'm losing some sense of direction and wonder if it's from using GPS units. Plus you can figure out distances by using a map. Good backup for ranging targets.
I argue with my GPS regularly. My direction sense is much better. If I have been to a place, even in childhood, I can find my way back. Guessing there was at least one pigeon in my ancestry.
Ranging, blessed with eyes that still work okay. But I do use my scope for verification.

But, (there's that word), if I am in an area with a lot of ferrous metal, my sense of direction and location is gone. I can track well, but a GPS does come in handy.

Have fun, be safe.

I argue with my GPS regularly. My direction sense is much better. If I have been to a place, even in childhood, I can find my way back. Guessing there was at least one pigeon in my ancestry.
Ranging, blessed with eyes that still work okay. But I do use my scope for verification.

But, (there's that word), if I am in an area with a lot of ferrous metal, my sense of direction and location is gone. I can track well, but a GPS does come in handy.

Have fun, be safe.
For me the GPS is worth it's weight in gold during a fogged in situation or white out snow. I got fogged in once and couldn't land nav off of known points or the sun because I couldn't see them. Luckily my sense of direction got me back to the truck. I'm not against GPS, I'm for them. But I'm not going to lug and ipad around.

Recent Posts