IOR's

Re: IOR\'s

Ironworker: I don't know if you caught what Chris was saying but his affliction is the brown bottle flu(self inflicted). If he ain't better by now he aint getting better or he got better and has had a relapse, Chris have you had a relapse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif (you don't need to answer that) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Two treatments that sometimes are helpful for such an affliction are vitamin B12 or breathing pure oxygen.

No REAL Man Flu as opposed to Bird Flu.

The Brown bottle flu (in reality Green bottle) of the weekend prior was probably the cause as I departed said party in a state of abandon - and it was well subzero.

So - I shipped all the scopes upstairs - waited for the perfect lighting - took all the pictures at ULTRA HIGH resolution (12Mb shots) before the sun went - Then discovered I'd forgotten to hit the Macro button - so you can hardly see the ruddy reticles. Watch this Space. Back to work today and have to go "shopping" with the missus this afternoon.

Wine in screw tops - My stomach is reeling at the mere thought. Take care of your liver - Pickle it slowly with love. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Give it a try tomorrow after the grapes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Give it a try tomorrow after the grapes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Well - may have to. Today's worse than yesterday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I always take my grapes in fermented form though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

OK - here goes - I've MASSIVE files I can E-Mail if anybody's REALLY interested - 12Mb EACH.

So IOR 3-19 @ 18 mag and 10 mag
S&B @ 18 mag and 10mag
Horus/Hakko at 10 mag

In that order

ior@18.JPG

ior@10.JPG

S&B@18.JPG

S&B@10.JPG

horus@10.JPG

IMO - IOR gets good optical points - NOT as good as S&B but it's not a HUGE difference. Way above the Hakko used as reference.

Turret clicks - in many ways I think I prefer the IOR. S&B side focus WAY better. IOR are painted WHICH is a plus in Infrared enviroments. Anodising shines silver - paint is BLACK.

Will try and do some NV stuff during the week.

I don't think I see the difference between IOR and S&B don't like the last one. Very interesting though. Not sure if there is that big of a difference between my B&L Elite 4200 and those two. It gives me a detailed image like that. I'm seriously considering the Sightron S3 But I do like those reticles on trhe IOR

Thanks for the pics and comparison. From the pictures, it looks like the S&B provides more light transmission. Was that your impression while looking through the scopes? Was the resolution also a little better in the S&B compared to the IOR? I have an IOR, but I've never been able to compare it to a S&B, side by side.

Chris, what about the 2,5 x 10 x 42?? Is that one with a 35 mm tube also??

1) S&B is Brighter - but to be expected as it is a 56mm obj whereas the IOR is a 42. I wish IOR had been able to supply their 9-36*56 for real comparisons but they were out! - On the PLUS side the smaller obj means smaller exit pupil so the depth of field is greater in the IOR tested. Swings and roundabouts.

2)Älg, the 2.5-10*42 is a 30mm tube - And I will do pictures when the sun returns. Of those tested it's my favorite!

3) MP8 is miliradian with 1/2mr as well. Not measured the dot yet. On the 3-18 it's correct at 10mag.

Note the MP8 illuminated is different to the MP8(normal)and appears to differ scope to scope too. The lit version has the dot - I'd opt for a lit version if poss'.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.