IOR scopes incoming shipment / 3-18x42 FFP policy

ScottBerish

LongRangers,

We have faxed confirmation that the Gen III 3-18x42 SH FFP scopes are incoming, they will be ready to ship the 1st week of September. Also, the newest exposed knob 9-36x56 and 4-28x56 wil be arriving at the same time.

While we have 50 SH scopes on the way, I'm only going to sell 35, to leave the rest for past and possible future warranty claims. That wil leave 15 to take care of warranty claims. I will not sell any more until the next (4th) shipment comes in, because I do not wish to leave anybody high and dry if their scope fails.

Scott

LongRangers,

We have faxed confirmation that the Gen III 3-18x42 SH FFP scopes are incoming, they will be ready to ship the 1st week of September. Also, the newest exposed knob 9-36x56 and 4-28x56 wil be arriving at the same time.

While we have 50 SH scopes on the way, I'm only going to sell 35, to leave the rest for past and possible future warranty claims. That wil leave 15 to take care of warranty claims. I will not sell any more until the next (4th) shipment comes in, because I do not wish to leave anybody high and dry if their scope fails.

Scott

I missed it by a day, huh? Shoot. I would've spent another $200 to get the latest gen.

Oh well, it's really nice of you to hold some back in case of warranty issues. Shows a real commitment to your customers.

Thanks for all your help Scott.

Sean

Scott,

Has the IOR factory shared the identity of the problem that caused some failures on the earlier generation SH scopes? Has any of this type of information been shared with you? It would sure be comforting to hear that the cause was ID'd and should no longer be an issue on this next batch of 3-18x scopes.

Last edited:
I've been told the cause of the Gen I failures but no feedback on the Gen II. I have no idea how relaible the info is (consider the source(s)) so who knows.

These scopes had better do the job, or I will go in a different direction.

NONYA,

A portion of these scopes have simply broken upon recoil. the Gen I broke with all different calibers of bolt gun, the Gen II only with a 338 Edge and 300 RUM, still....

Scott

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.