Introduction

bluedeer

Hello, my name is Archie Brown.New to longrange shooting,am fascinated with it.Im 53 and have been shooting and reloading since 1978.I live in central FL.Have been electrical contractor for 30 years.Have original wife of 31 years,2 grown children,3grandchildren.GOD BLESS.
Think I have this posted in wrong section,any help appreciated.

[ 03-03-2004: Message edited by: archie brown ]

Naw, welcome aboard neighbor! Have similar stats, just a bit different, live in Yankeetown. Nice to meet you Archie!
smile.gif

Dan

Hi Archie,

Welcome to the group. I'm also new to this group and have similar stats as well except that my children are a bit lazy in the grandchildren department. I'm in Calgary, Alberta and most of the hunting up here is for mule and whitetail deer, antelope, elk, moose, bear (black and grizzly), wolf and coyote. If you hunt mulies and antelope on the prairies then most of the shooting is in the 200 to 300 yard range.

We shoot a lot of gophers with .22LR and while you always start shooting the beasties at 20 to 30 yards, as the season progresses you find that you won't get any closer than 100 yards. I'm reluctant to shoot them with my .270Win since the ammo is a bit costly, but they are a challenging target at 200 yds.

Cheers,
Arthur

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts