Introduction

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by bluedeer, Mar 3, 2004.

1. bluedeer

bluedeer Well-Known Member

Hello, my name is Archie Brown.New to longrange shooting,am fascinated with it.Im 53 and have been shooting and reloading since 1978.I live in central FL.Have been electrical contractor for 30 years.Have original wife of 31 years,2 grown children,3grandchildren.GOD BLESS.
    Think I have this posted in wrong section,any help appreciated.

[ 03-03-2004: Message edited by: archie brown ]

2. MAX

MAX Well-Known Member

Naw, welcome aboard neighbor! Have similar stats, just a bit different, live in Yankeetown. Nice to meet you Archie! [​IMG]

Dan

3. DANTEC

DANTEC Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum

Good shooting

DAN TEC

4. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Member

Hi Archie,

Welcome to the group. I'm also new to this group and have similar stats as well except that my children are a bit lazy in the grandchildren department. I'm in Calgary, Alberta and most of the hunting up here is for mule and whitetail deer, antelope, elk, moose, bear (black and grizzly), wolf and coyote. If you hunt mulies and antelope on the prairies then most of the shooting is in the 200 to 300 yard range.

We shoot a lot of gophers with .22LR and while you always start shooting the beasties at 20 to 30 yards, as the season progresses you find that you won't get any closer than 100 yards. I'm reluctant to shoot them with my .270Win since the ammo is a bit costly, but they are a challenging target at 200 yds.

Cheers,
    Arthur