Introduction. Quadriplegic with adaptive shooting mount who shoots F-Class and hunts long range.

You know with all that's going on these days, sometimes I just go through day after day just kinda numb because all the filth and immorality that's dragging this country down. Then I see this post. How positive you are. Makes me feel so positive! Welcome, thanks for joining and sharing your story. God bless and good luck! Look forward to watching your adventures!!

Hello,

My name is Payton and I'm a C4 quadriplegic due to a motor vehicle accident in 2016. I'm paralyzed from the shoulders down and I shoot with an adaptive shooting mount made by a company called Be Adaptive. I have a camera that looks through the scope with a screen I look at, a joystick that I use to aim with my chin, and a straw that I suck in on when I'm ready shoot and it activates the trigger actuator.

I was devastated after my injury because I thought I would never hunt or shoot ever again. Then I found Be Adaptive and it changed my life. I realized very quickly after my accident that hunting and shooting would be a huge coping mechanism for me. I realized how lucky I am to be able to still enjoy God's creation in my favorite ways.

I started a Facebook page and YouTube channel called Wheels & Weapons that follows my adventures of hunting deer and turkeys in my home state of Missouri, hunting big game out west , fishing, and shooting 600 Yard F-Class (to my knowledge I'm the only person to ever shoot competitively using an adaptive sip activated mount). This is my first year shooting competitively but I plan on shooting my local club matches the next two months and the Missouri State NRA Sanctioned 600 Yard F-Class Match in September and the next weekend I go to Wyoming to hunt mule deer and antelope. I was fortunate enough last September to take my first goat in WY at 438 yards with my 6.8 SPC. My very first match I shot 357/400 and 4x. I'm shooting against able bodied people and I didn't get last place. I'm hoping to improve that score at the next match. We're dedicating the rest of this year to collecting footage and will be putting them up on the YouTube channel early next year. I created Wheels & Weapons to show other people disabled or not that you can do anything you put your mind to.

Thanks for reading and feel free to introduce yourself.
View attachment 280037
View attachment 280038
Welcome to this forum and I must say you are one awesome individual!