Introduction. Quadriplegic with adaptive shooting mount who shoots F-Class and hunts long range.

Welcome. Glad to see that you've been able to over come everything.

it's exciting to see stuff like this. My wife and I first thoughts was how happy you look in the picture. My second though was heck yea, cause you used a 6.8 SPC.

You good sir, are an inspiration
Yeah. 6.8 SPC isn't really known for its long range capabilities but I had practiced at 550 and had a decent group so I was confident in that shot. There's an ironman target at 675 at my local range as well and I can hit it but the difference between group size is pretty drastic in the last 125 yards. Id say that's about the max for steel. I'm not sure what I would say the max distance would be for hunting. I do know that a Barnes TTSX will kill an antelope stone dead at 438 yards from a 6.8. Everyone thinks you need 1000 ft-lbs for an ethical kill but it's just not true. At 440 the 6.8 has about 420 ft-lbs but if you've got a well made bullet and good shot placement that's plenty. That's why I can't stress practicing further than the range you're hunting. You have to build your confidence.

Fantastic story and an inspiration to a lot of us I'm sure. Look forward to hearing more about your shooting systems, how its developed and how your competitive shooting goes!!
Ed
Like my Wheels & Weapons page on Facebook if you have it. I post all the time sharing my testimony and showing others you can really do whatever you put your mind to! God bless🙏🏼

Fantastic story and an inspiration to a lot of us I'm sure. Look forward to hearing more about your shooting systems, how its developed and how your competitive shooting goes!!
Ed
Like my Wheels & Weapons page on Facebook if you have it. I post all the time sharing my testimony and showing others you can really do whatever you put your mind to! God bless🙏🏼

Welcome Sir,

Where there is a will there is a way. You personify this, and that smile with your speed goat is awesome. Keep it up others will see and I already liked your FB page.

Good luck shooting and in your other endeavors.

Welcome from the dry side of WA state...
Thank ya sir! Stay tuned. I started Wheels & Weapons about a year ago but I think the next year is going to be a huge growth year for me! I'm so thankful God allows me to still do these things!

Yeah. 6.8 SPC isn't really known for its long range capabilities but I had practiced at 550 and had a decent group so I was confident in that shot. There's an ironman target at 675 at my local range as well and I can hit it but the difference between group size is pretty drastic in the last 125 yards. Id say that's about the max for steel. I'm not sure what I would say the max distance would be for hunting. I do know that a Barnes TTSX will kill an antelope stone dead at 438 yards from a 6.8. Everyone thinks you need 1000 ft-lbs for an ethical kill but it's just not true. At 440 the 6.8 has about 420 ft-lbs but if you've got a well made bullet and good shot placement that's plenty. That's why I can't stress practicing further than the range you're hunting. You have to build your confidence.

exactly. harrison over at ar15performance.com took an elk at 373yd with a 90 or 100gr tsx some years back with a 6.8. i only hunt with a 6.8 and took a few with a 90gr, 110gr and 120.

what round was you using? my go to hunting load is with a 110gr accubond followed by a 90gr gold dot.

keep it up mane. i don't do facebook but if you post on youtube i'll subscribe, watch and follow

exactly. harrison over at ar15performance.com took an elk at 373yd with a 90 or 100gr tsx some years back with a 6.8. i only hunt with a 6.8 and took a few with a 90gr, 110gr and 120.

what round was you using? my go to hunting load is with a 110gr accubond followed by a 90gr gold dot.

keep it up mane. i don't do facebook but if you post on youtube i'll subscribe, watch and follow
I kept the box that had them but lost it. It was a smaller ammo company using the TTSX 110'''s

Payton,

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I'm not sure I have the words to express how inspiring your story is. The persistence of the human condition has no limits. Obviously we do not all face similar challenges and you my friend are on one end of the spectrum. And using the good that can come from sharing on social media as opposed to all the other useless and hate filled ways it is used is genius.

I look forward to seeing and reading more about your adventures.

JB

Welcome from southern Arizona.

You are a hero and a true inspiration. Yes God helped but it is also your determination and strong will that allowed you to do this. Your desire to live along with God's blessing has gotten you this far and I am sure you will go even further. Congrats on that nice buck!

Welcome to this forum Payton. I'm very impressed and admire your determination!

Rhett
Thanks for the support! Subscribe to my YouTube channe, like my Facebook page, and follow me on Instagram. Y'all don't know how much just doing that helps me out! We're dedicating this year to gaining as much footage as we can and hopefully we'll be putting some videos together early next year!

youtube.com/channel/UC3UyXJmy_U6gsiRzUABpSJw

facebook.com/wheelsandweapons

instagram is @Wheels_and_Weapons