Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Curious if everyone is running these close to lands to get the pressure up right away? Since it's somewhat of a bore rider and running faster burn rates for bullet weight, seems as if it'd help. I've only tried the 73gr abs hunter in my 22cr. They're run neck and neck speed wise with the 70HH with Viht N555. I may need to to a faster powder. I know some guys stuff a butt load of rl26 in there and get good speeds. But 3600fps form a 22" pipe is totally acceptable. I went down to hammer and spent a small fortune on several bullets to try, thus far not super impressed. I run top of the line reloading equipment and I'm a good shooter. Have several rifles that print consistent sub half to quarter moa accuracy at distance with conventional heavy for cal high BC bullets. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but these bullets do appear to be jump sensative or they just don't like the powders I'm feeding em.

Curious if everyone is running these close to lands to get the pressure up right away? Since it's somewhat of a bore rider and running faster burn rates for bullet weight, seems as if it'd help. I've only tried the 73gr abs hunter in my 22cr. They're run neck and neck speed wise with the 70HH with Viht N555. I may need to to a faster powder. I know some guys stuff a butt load of rl26 in there and get good speeds. But 3600fps form a 22" pipe is totally acceptable. I went down to hammer and spent a small fortune on several bullets to try, thus far not super impressed. I run top of the line reloading equipment and I'm a good shooter. Have several rifles that print consistent sub half to quarter moa accuracy at distance with conventional heavy for cal high BC bullets. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but these bullets do appear to be jump sensative or they just don't like the powders I'm feeding em.
I'm gonna say your powder selection is way too slow

I'm gonna say your powder selection is way too slow
I've run rl23 rl26 and H1000 with 77tmk in the 22cr, N555 is like H4350. I'm not gonna dump varget into an already overbore case, but maybe I'll try rl16 and see if it does any better. Can't get anything under 3/4" with the 181s in my 300wsm tried 7 different jumps from 10k to 120k off. Speeds from 3100-3060 w/ rl26. Idk maybe I need go with a faster powder on that one too.

I've run rl23 rl26 and H1000 with 77tmk in the 22cr, N555 is like H4350. I'm not gonna dump varget into an already overbore case, but maybe I'll try rl16 and see if it does any better. Can't get anything under 3/4" with the 181s in my 300wsm tried 7 different jumps from 10k to 120k off. Speeds from 3100-3060 w/ rl26. Idk maybe I need go with a faster powder on that one too.
Nothing from the 77TMK will transfer, you will need to run Varget or 8208XBR, What twist is your WSM?

Nothing from the 77TMK will transfer, you will need to run Varget or 8208XBR, What twist is your WSM?
WSM is 9.5tw I'm at 3500' elevation. Idk about that, N555 is what I ran with the 77tmk max velocity with that bullet was 3530 w/ psi, it pushed the 73abs to 3640fps, but topped, full case. Dallas Hardaway run Hornady brass packed full of rl26 getting high 3700s. So I'm gonna try that.

I am running the 123AH in my 6.5prc. With any other bullet, I would be using H1000 or RL26. With the Absolutes, I went to Staball 6.5. I also took Butterbean's advice and crammed the bullets as far as I could into the case. My coal was 2.910" in the end. It shoots a 0.280" group at 100 yards at 3276fps

I am running the 123AH in my 6.5prc. With any other bullet, I would be using H1000 or RL26. With the Absolutes, I went to Staball 6.5. I also took Butterbean's advice and crammed the bullets as far as I could into the case. My coal was 2.910" in the end. It shoots a 0.280" group at 100 yards at 3276fps
I ran the 124s in my 6.5max with RL26. I ran up to 3440 w/o psi, still room in the case. Haven't tested for accuracy yet, will be shooting 65.8gr at multiple jumps testing for accuracy, should be running 3410fps or so.

Mr. Bean and Mr. George , I have decided to not start loading the 151 AH in my 30-06 due to it being so close to hunting season and I have a hunting load already. I have decided to try and load the 162 AH in my Lazzeroni 30 Caliber Patriot . The Patriot is a 30 cal short mag , a bit more capacity than the 30 cal WSM . I am only after 3300 FPS which should be easily obtainable , Mr. Dougduey has done this with H-380 and almost with W-760 . I have both these powders . I am in lower Alabama elevation around 300ft. but will use this rifle as a travel rifle out west at elevations from 5,000-13,500 and much colder temps . The rifle will be final zeroed in 90 + degree 90 + humidity prior to traveling out west . I have never loaded these 2 powders but based on my guess the H-380 would be the most stable of the 2 . Every thing I say is a question .

Savage 16 SS action , single shot bolt
Kreiger 5 1/2 barrel , cryoed S.S. 24" , throated , side port timed brake
10 twist
McMillan #5 Tactical stock
Trigger , can't remember , sear polished , set at 1 pound
titanium firing pin with heavy SS springs for lock time .
Have both 210 & 215 Fed. G.M. primers
Please offer any and all advice including a more stable , faster or better powder I might try . I can not touch the lands with this bullet , 162 Gr. AH . I have many different Hodgdon and IMR powders in stock .
Thanks in advance to you Sirs and anyone else that might add to this request . I have all the data for the AH's printed out that Mr. George so graciously gave me and the Hodgdon/IMR reloading 2021 edition manual .
Thanks , Floyd

Mr. Bean and Mr. George , I have decided to not start loading the 151 AH in my 30-06 due to it being so close to hunting season and I have a hunting load already. I have decided to try and load the 162 AH in my Lazzeroni 30 Caliber Patriot . The Patriot is a 30 cal short mag , a bit more capacity than the 30 cal WSM . I am only after 3300 FPS which should be easily obtainable , Mr. Dougduey has done this with H-380 and almost with W-760 . I have both these powders . I am in lower Alabama elevation around 300ft. but will use this rifle as a travel rifle out west at elevations from 5,000-13,500 and much colder temps . The rifle will be final zeroed in 90 + degree 90 + humidity prior to traveling out west . I have never loaded these 2 powders but based on my guess the H-380 would be the most stable of the 2 . Every thing I say is a question .

Savage 16 SS action , single shot bolt
Kreiger 5 1/2 barrel , cryoed S.S. 24" , throated , side port timed brake
10 twist
McMillan #5 Tactical stock
Trigger , can't remember , sear polished , set at 1 pound
titanium firing pin with heavy SS springs for lock time .
Have both 210 & 215 Fed. G.M. primers
Please offer any and all advice including a more stable , faster or better powder I might try . I can not touch the lands with this bullet , 162 Gr. AH . I have many different Hodgdon and IMR powders in stock .
Thanks in advance to you Sirs and anyone else that might add to this request . I have all the data for the AH's printed out that Mr. George so graciously gave me and the Hodgdon/IMR reloading 2021 edition manual .
Thanks , Floyd
Both powders work great, they are temp sensitive but are both very predictable, If you have any H4350 I would definitely try it first

Both powders work great, they are temp sensitive but are both very predictable, If you have any H4350 I would definitely try it first
Or RL 16, similar burn rate, also stable. Either would be a good one for more stability, just depends on what you got/can find. I just got out of the high Wyoming country mountains, morning Temps were high 20's and 3ish inches of snow from this recent storm, I would try to find stability myself, or at least make sure that you don't land on a narrow node.

Or RL 16, similar burn rate, also stable. Either would be a good one for more stability, just depends on what you got/can find. I just got out of the high Wyoming country mountains, morning Temps were high 20's and 3ish inches of snow from this recent storm, I would try to find stability myself, or at least make sure that you don't land on a narrow node.
I could never find the speed with RL16