Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Going to shoot my 123s at 300 yards here in a few minutes to verify drop. I'm sighted 1 inch high at 100 and it should only be 4.5 inches low at 300.
27 low at 500 is really flat for a rifle at only 1 inch high at 100 yards. And I love the low recoil. Alot. I'm a target shooter and shoot tons with 17lb guns with small bullets "6.5creed" so I've gotten soft in the shoulder. Any trigger over 1.5 pounds and I think the safety is still on. If I can't kill it with a 6.5 then I guess I won't hunt it. I'm pretty sure I'm good for the lower 48.
Shep

The 109 AH showed early today so I have a new one for you. remington 700cp 6.5 creedmoor factory except for jewell trigger Peterson SRP brass once fired, CCI 450 primer, 47.3gr. CFE 223, 2.720 COAL, .290 MOA at 150 yards, chrono 5 shots 2934 avg.4.8 SD running .004 neck tension I know this velocity does not sound impressive but bare in mind it is a 12 inch barrel

If you are getting 2934 out of a 12" Creedmoor those things are going to scream out of my 24" PRC. I'm expecting to be pushing 3600+ at that point and honestly looking at the numbers if that is the case I might drop the 123's in favor of the 109's.

Start somewhere around here. That is what I will do.

LaWqqL7l.jpg
Thank you, I do have 8133 and Reloder 26 to try.

I shot at 300 in a little wind but it shot good. I only dialed in 1 minute so I wouldn't be in the black so I could see my holes. If I gave it the full 1.5 minutes it would have been perfect. Here is the group. Barrel is coming off shortly. I know I don't know when to quit. But that's good right??? Look at that verticle. Wow. The left to right is from the wind. I didn't hold for it at all. Too lazy to put my flags up. Still .5 moa.
Shep

Attachments

• 20200928_174457.jpg
    20200928_174457.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 103
As usual -- 35 s will be one of the last! Lol looking forward to trying them out. If they work I might not get it reamed to ai. Can anybody with quickload tell me what impact velocity at 500 and 600 yards.---35 whelen. Mv 2625 with 225. Not sure what bc is. Gameking and accubond.--thanks
Hornady has a very easy to use calculator. Just put in your weight,speed, and BC

Throat is all done. How's that for fast. Pulled barrel and dialed it in to dead nuts and let it eat. Actually there was not really enough chips to even notice. But I lost light here and chrono might not read. Big black clouds coming in but I'm gonna give it a try anyway.
The bore rider throat cuts your rifling down by 1/2 steps so the bullet engraved twice to reduce pressure. It usually gets you about another 100 fps.
Shep

So let me see if I've got this right:
1) We're crimping or jamming a bullet to make it tighter, to delay
bullet release/increase pressure, then
2) we're relieving pressure in the bore on a bullet that already engraves with less resistance?

This is getting complicated for an old man!

But what the heck, if it works!

I think you got the idea. But start pressure is relatively small compared to the charge pressure. Sometimes a little starting pressure can help ignition and lower your sd. That's why I started to jam the bullet ever so slightly. I will probably bring it off the rifling and check the sd to see if it's even needed. These bullets are very hard to jam. I'd rather not have to push on them so hard to close the bolt if I don't have to. My 140s and 147s should see a nice bump in speed now too. Plus everything will fit in my mag box better. The gap4 reamer had a pretty short throat on it and I had lots of room left. I bumped it out another .075 after measurements of all my loads. I'm running an extended wyatt box.
Shep