Introducing the Absolute Hammer

My 7saum with the 155AH load is 95% Hunt ready.
Went to spot elk again the after they bedded I drove to a favorite test spot and killed rocks.
946 yards to 1072 yards.
3 shots 3 dead rocks.
2 rifles loaded and ready for Idaho elk and deer season. Well the 338 with 260 HH is 100% ready. 1 more validation with the 7saum and it's 100% ready!

Yeah I think I'm going to back down a bit to try a lower node and see how that goes and use Superformance for the faster node. I also have the 109gr AH coming this week so I'll give StaBall a shot with those.
do you have hybrid 100v, n555, or you might even try h-4350 or rl-16

Went to spot elk again the after they bedded I drove to a favorite test spot and killed rocks.
946 yards to 1072 yards.
3 shots 3 dead rocks.
2 rifles loaded and ready for Idaho elk and deer season. Well the 338 with 260 HH is 100% ready. 1 more validation with the 7saum and it's 100% ready!
I waiting for then report

Same question for a 30-378 ( ten twist )

Start somewhere around here. That is what I will do.

LaWqqL7l.jpg

946 yards to 1072 yards.
3 shots 3 dead rocks.
I'm optimistic, so when you get your critters, please show some terminal photos of entry /exit and tissue. Always interesting to see performance on game especially these Hammers.

Thought I would share a little score I made. Found 3 cans of h1000 at a little obscure gunshop. Been sitting there awhile. One can was 19.99 and 2 cans were 24.99. Just goes to show you it's worth checking in any and all little mom and pop shops for supplies. 1 can of retumbo also. No rl26. But a score for sure.
Shep

Thought I would share a little score I made. Found 3 cans of h1000 at a little obscure gunshop. Been sitting there awhile. One can was 19.99 and 2 cans were 24.99. Just goes to show you it's worth checking in any and all little mom and pop shops for supplies. 1 can of retumbo also. No rl26. But a score for sure.
Shep
I love to hear stories like this

I bought a new scale in the box at a place once for 19.95. It was an M5 new in the box. No I didn't buy it in the 60s. Got it 3 yrs ago. The price was written on the box in pen. I can't believe shops don't update their prices. I would have paid the 30 bucks a pound for that powder no questions asked. And I felt like a thief getting that scale. I bought up a bunch of 257 cal bullets at a shop that had them for 10.99 to 12.99 a box a couple yrs back. They were in the green cardboard sierra boxes. How long had those been their. I got some 22 cal 53 grain match that were in the card board with the metal crimps on the sides. I know those were old. Fun stuff in those little shops.
Shep

I bought a new scale in the box at a place once for 19.95. It was an M5 new in the box. No I didn't buy it in the 60s. Got it 3 yrs ago. The price was written on the box in pen. I can't believe shops don't update their prices. I would have paid the 30 bucks a pound for that powder no questions asked. And I felt like a thief getting that scale. I bought up a bunch of 257 cal bullets at a shop that had them for 10.99 to 12.99 a box a couple yrs back. They were in the green cardboard sierra boxes. How long had those been their. I got some 22 cal 53 grain match that were in the card board with the metal crimps on the sides. I know those were old. Fun stuff in those little shops.
Shep
I bought an RCBS 304 scale in mint condition in the box for $45 about 5 years ago, it had about an inch of dust on it where it had been sitting, I don't know how many times i looked over it