Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Looks like the shooters world precision I just ordered might work well in this. I just filled a case to the neck shoulder junction with some varget and it fit 45.5gr.
Hodgdon load data vs SW with 123 Sierra.
This should get me a decent starting point.
What do you think @RockyMtnMT start around max charge listed for the Sierra?
Edit: max charge listed for varget but with the SW
View attachment 216175
View attachment 216176
Max listed charge for a like weight bullet won't get you in trouble.

OK! Thanks for your input!

The first revision to the loading data table is now posted. The original table has been updated and is in the same place.
YOU'RE GONNA WANT TO LOOK AT THIS! Shep has blown past 3500 fps with his 6.5 saum and shot groups in the 1's!
Be very careful trying to emulate what he is doing. He is a Very accomplished benchrest shooter and gunsmith. Jamming these new bullets could seriously increase pressures. I'm not fully sure how he even accomplished it!
Be careful and sensible out there......

Ok so I think I got this right, I made a Google Doc that anyone can add their load data too. Right now it is in a pretty basic form but I pulled the majority of the load data from the thread with the help of GLTaylor's data sheet. Tabs at the bottom switch between the different bullets to keep things a bit more legible.

Below is the link so let me know if it works

I wouldn't be too concerned with jamming these but as I said you can only jam them a tiny bit or you can't close your bolt. I would definitely reduce your charge and work back up to a max. Tomorrow I will put some jump on them and see if I can go up in charge weight without the ejector mark. 3500 shows no pressure at all at 61 gr. But the 62 did have a mark at 3575. If they still shoot good jumped and I can go more on the powder 3600 might be had. I only tried the .002 jam to replace the crimping that I can not do with inline seating dies. I normally never shoot 0 on the jump/jam because it's to finicky but maybe these bullets are consistent enough to try. 0 is not a good place normally because plus or minus .001 is jump or jam depending. Maybe .002 jump will still help with ignition and let the bolt close easier. Much more testing to do.
At 750 yards this load gives me 1200 ft pounds. Thats 300 less than my 147eldm load. The 123 load is .75 moa flatter to 750. My 147 load has 1200 ft pounds to 950 yards. The 123 only has 850 ft pounds at 950.
Since I don't like muzzle brakes I can tell you the 123 is a cream puff to shoot. Can't wait to put one on a deer.
Think I will try superformance tomorrow also and see.
I would like to see a tip on these like on a ttsx and see how much the bc improves. Even if the bullet was cut for tips and we had to insert them ourself I for one would do it. I'm sure that big hole in the front is keeping the bc low.
Shep

I wouldn't be too concerned with jamming these but as I said you can only jam them a tiny bit or you can't close your bolt. I would definitely reduce your charge and work back up to a max. Tomorrow I will put some jump on them and see if I can go up in charge weight without the ejector mark. 3500 shows no pressure at all at 61 gr. But the 62 did have a mark at 3575. If they still shoot good jumped and I can go more on the powder 3600 might be had. I only tried the .002 jam to replace the crimping that I can not do with inline seating dies. I normally never shoot 0 on the jump/jam because it's to finicky but maybe these bullets are consistent enough to try. 0 is not a good place normally because plus or minus .001 is jump or jam depending. Maybe .002 jump will still help with ignition and let the bolt close easier. Much more testing to do.
At 750 yards this load gives me 1200 ft pounds. Thats 300 less than my 147eldm load. The 123 load is .75 moa flatter to 750. My 147 load has 1200 ft pounds to 950 yards. The 123 only has 850 ft pounds at 950.
Since I don't like muzzle brakes I can tell you the 123 is a cream puff to shoot. Can't wait to put one on a deer.
Think I will try superformance tomorrow also and see.
I would like to see a tip on these like on a ttsx and see how much the bc improves. Even if the bullet was cut for tips and we had to insert them ourself I for one would do it. I'm sure that big hole in the front is keeping the bc low.
Shep
The big hole in the tip is to ensure they always expand, no matter what. Steve has said he wants performance on game above all else.

OK guys (and Gal), I went through all of the pages on this post and extracted what I could from load data for the Absolute Hammers. It is posted in the attached table. This is through page 47 on Sat. morning 9-26-20.
Eventually I will organize it by caliber.

As you can see, some of the entries need a little more info to be complete. If some of this data belongs to you, please add the missing information (about barrel, primer, twist, OAL or whatever). There was one reference to a 6.5 Wby which wasn't clear. I think he was referring to a 6.5-257 Wby, but not sure. I know Tim McWhorter, but don't know what a 6.5 McWhorter is?

When you add additional info., just put it on this blog. I will periodically update the data as it is developed.

Thanks for everyone's input and help. Developing data for new bullets is fun!

Updated info for Tikka t3 6.5x55:
Barrel length: 22 7/8"
Barrel twist: 1:8"
Primers: federal large rifle match - GM210M
Max load - 48 gr @ 3167 fps (slight heavier bolt lift) best group with 47 gr @ 3095 fps

Thanks for doing this.

Well I just got some new data for you.
6.5 saum 26 inch proof
Hybrid 100v
61 gr
Fed215match
2.928 coal
3502fps. Groups in the 1s
This is jammed .002 to help get pressure started.
62 grains gave an ejector mark at 3575fps
Now I'm impressed as 3 shots look just like one bullet hole.
Shep
I was just pondering that I don't recall anyone jamming from .000 on up. I agree, some heat/pressure on ignition might help.

also need barrel, twist, brass, primer, etc. Refer to load data sheet if you would.
6.5x257 weatherby. Borden barrel. 1-9 twist. Horandy brass. fed 215m primer. 72g rl-26. 3.40 col. 3515 fps. Notes: No pressure yet but wont go any further. Cleaning every 5 rounds. Groups counting 1st shot/ fowler 1/2 inch. .3 next 4. Loaded 5 @ 3.570 col. .005 off. lots of pressure. no good. Back to 3.40.

Well I tried the 123AH this morning in a 6.5-280 ackley I could reach 3500 no problem with hybrid 100v, N-555 and h-4831sc this is great but my 124HH load shoots at 3402 with rl 23 maybe h-4350 or rl 16 any suggestions