Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Please provide load details, barrel, brass, twist, etc for all. Thanks!
I'm working on the load data spreadsheet to post.
[/QUOTE. Mcwhorter 6.5x257 Weatherby. 1-9 twist. 72 g R-L 26. fed 215m. 123 absolute hammers. 3.40 c.o.l. horandy brass. 80 degrees. wind 3-5 mph from behind. 75 ft above sea level.

We will be working on some more 338's soon. Just ran out of 3/8" raw material for the 338's. New material scheduled to be here next week. 2 months late!

Cool, I'm done running ladders with the 210 HH's and am waiting for my turning pilot and Lee FCD to show up this week to see how groups go. Like the rest of us I'm running out of runway to get my loads worked up before I need em!

OK guys (and Gal), I went through all of the pages on this post and extracted what I could from load data for the Absolute Hammers. It is posted in the attached table. This is through page 47 on Sat. morning 9-26-20.
Eventually I will organize it by caliber.

As you can see, some of the entries need a little more info to be complete. If some of this data belongs to you, please add the missing information (about barrel, primer, twist, OAL or whatever). There was one reference to a 6.5 Wby which wasn't clear. I think he was referring to a 6.5-257 Wby, but not sure. I know Tim McWhorter, but don't know what a 6.5 McWhorter is?

When you add additional info., just put it on this blog. I will periodically update the data as it is developed.

Thanks for everyone's input and help. Developing data for new bullets is fun!

NOTE: TABLE HAS BEEN UPDATED AND MOVED TO PAGE 53

Last edited:
OK guys (and Gal), I went through all of the pages on this post and extracted what I could from load data for the Absolute Hammers. It is posted in the attached table. This is through page 47 on Sat. morning 9-26-20.

As you can see, some of the entries need a little more info to be complete. If some of this data belongs to you, please add the missing information (about barrel, primer, twist, OAL or whatever). There was one reference to a 6.5 Wby which wasn't clear. I think he was referring to a 6.5-257 Wby, but not sure. I know Tim McWhorter, but don't know what a 6.5 McWhorter is?

When you add additional info., just put it on this blog. I will periodically update the data as it is developed.

Updated my post for the 6.5x284 with 26 inch barrel, CCI250 primers, new LAPUA brass. Also the max powder was 53.7 at 3274FPS

6.5 saum
26 in proof carbon
Adg brass
Fed 215 match
123 AH

Rl16 59gr max 3395fps
Rl23 62.5 max 3404fps
Both of these were max load with no ejector mark or flattening of primers or hard bolt lift. Still could do slightly more powder if I wanted to get shorter brass life. But I like to get 10 to 12 loads on brass.
Hopefully try some more today.
Shep

Do you have this in an a format we can edit?

Looks like the shooters world precision I just ordered might work well in this. I just filled a case to the neck shoulder junction with some varget and it fit 45.5gr.
Hodgdon load data vs SW with 123 Sierra.
This should get me a decent starting point.
What do you think @RockyMtnMT start around max charge listed for the Sierra?
Edit: max charge listed for varget but with the SW
Screenshot_20200926-175348_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200926-175234_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

6.5x257

One thing I noticed on these bullets is if you jam them any amount you really have to push the bolt forward real hard to get the handle to close. I'm only jammed .002 and it's noticable. I shoot .015 jammed on alot of my 1k barrels and never notice it.
Seems like the band that hits the lands doesn't give. That's what gave me the idea to try it to help ignition. Seems to work. .005 jam and I can't close my bolt on it. I am using .0025 neck tension.
Shep

Do you have this in an a format we can edit?
It has been suggested that I start a new tread just for load data. That would reduce the amount of "stuff" I have to wade trough. I think that may be a good idea - if I'm smart enough to figure out how.

With regards to everyone manipulating the data, I think I would rather keep it to one person entering data right now. More people = more "cooks in the kitchen" and a greater chance of corrupting the tables or data. This way at least I only have to keep up with one person's errors - mine!

Thanks for the offer, though.
George

Recent Posts