Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Just noticed they posted up several more on the web site they must jumping through their butts

Last edited:
Just got the 123 AH today. Since I didn't see a pic of the 6.5 here it is on the left next to the 124 HH. Attaching full size so you can really see the subtle difference.

I've got 30 loaded HH's for my 6.5SS which I'll use for the hunting season. Once that's done I'll pull the bullets and try these out. I'm real curious to see what folks get in the 6.5SS with these in the meantime.

Attachments

• 65ah.jpg
    65ah.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 172
Just saw the new 30 cal 179 grain AH on Hammer's website.

Anyone have a guess as to what speed a 30-06AI with a 24" barrel could drive these? Got a savage long action sitting around needing use. Or if anybody has shot the 181HH out of a straight 30-06 or AI?

Anyone have a guess as to what speed a 30-06AI with a 24" barrel could drive these? Got a savage long action sitting around needing use. Or if anybody has shot the 181HH out of a straight 30-06 or AI?

Steve mentioned in the blurb on the site that they had them up in "300 win" range out of an 30-06, so I would assume 3100-3200 fps is within reach?

Yes should be about 3100 fps (maybe a bit more) with the 178 Absolute. Provided they like your twist

Last edited:
Finished my testing today with the 6.5-06AI and 123AHs. With standard primers Superformance ignition was somewhat erratic yesterday. Retested today with CCI 250s. Ignition now good and velocity step-ups were consistent. Ended up with 3514 @ 61.5 gr Superformance
That's a solid 300 fps increase over my 124 HH load in this rifle! Happy!
Now I'm curious about this crimp thing. Don't own any crimp dies except pistol. Lee doesn't list any of the calibers I'm interested in. Got an email into them. We'll see what they say.....