Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Cool! Tell me how you repair the throat after 1000s of rounds.
I'm not really sure what your getting at here, if you would care to elaborate I'll gladly oblige with an answer, The original statement suggested that you had to re-barrel to shoot the AH which is incorrect ........... Back to you

as mentioned I have extra seating room, and I have Varget, H4350, and H4895 on hand 😁. I have also used RL 16, and 17 with good velocity, any thoughts on those?
Rl16 is one I didn't think of, h4350 burn rate , with generally better velocity, and also temp stable. That one would go up there with Varget on my list. RL17 has given me outstanding results in a .308 with 215 Bergers (2550 fps from a 22" barrel was the final load) but has the downfall of being temp sensitive, if that is a problem for you, and it also may be too slow, I haven't used it in a 7mm-08 so I'm not sure what case fill would be like....

I'm not really sure what your getting at here, if you would care to elaborate I'll gladly oblige with an answer, The original statement suggested that you had to re-barrel to shoot the AH which is incorrect ........... Back to you
Nope, my post was a response to someone saying this was not a rebarrel forum. He was complaining about having to rebarrel to a faster twist and I said this is a long range hunting forum and if you want to shoot long lange you have to shoot a lot, and end up replacing barrels. Take a look at what I was responding to and it will make sense and put it in context. The way it is now, your response to me looks like you are saying you don't gave to rebarrel if you shoot your barrel out.

Nope, my post was a response to someone saying this was not a rebarrel forum. He was complaining about having to rebarrel to a faster twist and I said this is a long range hunting forum and if you want to shoot long lange you have to shoot a lot, and end up replacing barrels. Take a look at what I was responding to and it will make sense and put it in context. The way it is now, your response to me looks like you are saying you don't gave to rebarrel if you shoot your barrel out.
Copy that, We are on the same page

As far as barrel life goes I'm wondering how much better a barrel will do with AH ran at the normal for weight velocities. If the pressure is reduced this much barrel life would have to be extended. One problem is I don't know anyone who will not run these as fast as they will go. That includes me. So we may never know.
Shep

As far as barrel life goes I'm wondering how much better a barrel will do with AH ran at the normal for weight velocities. If the pressure is reduced this much barrel life would have to be extended. One problem is I don't know anyone who will not run these as fast as they will go. That includes me. So we may never know.
Shep
You Slobbered a Bib Full right there ShoNuff

Personally I'm not worried about barrel life. I know a guy that knows a guy who can put a new one on. Just saying you can have your extra 300 fps or double your barrel life maybe. Some people will choose barrel life. I know it won't be me. I'm not the guy that loads to over max and gets 2 to 3 firings on brass but I don't leave anything on the table either.
Shep

Personally I'm not worried about barrel life. I know a guy that knows a guy who can put a new one on. Just saying you can have your extra 300 fps or double your barrel life maybe. Some people will choose barrel life. I know it won't be me. I'm not the guy that loads to over max and gets 2 to 3 firings on brass but I don't leave anything on the table either.
Shep
I won't either ;)

I noticed a light film on the bullets. Do you guys clean them off or shoot them as is?
You guys want Creed or Saum first?
Shep