Introducing the Absolute Hammer

My 123gr AH were delivered today so I'm going to be testing them this weekend in a 24" 6.5 PRC with ADG brass, StaBall 6.5 and CCI 250 primers. Also waiting on the new .30 cals as I want to load them for my brothers .300 WM.

On an additional note as StaBall isn't in my QuickLoad, if somebody who has Quickload is testing the new AH see if you can play with the engraving force to get the velocity numbers to match up. That might be the key to getting more accurate predictions with the faster powders using this bullet.

What is the expansion design of AH compared to HH?
Will/are they explosive on game?

My 123gr AH were delivered today so I'm going to be testing them this weekend in a 24" 6.5 PRC with ADG brass, StaBall 6.5 and CCI 250 primers. Also waiting on the new .30 cals as I want to load them for my brothers .300 WM.

On an additional note as StaBall isn't in my QuickLoad, if somebody who has Quickload is testing the new AH see if you can play with the engraving force to get the velocity numbers to match up. That might be the key to getting more accurate predictions with the faster powders using this bullet.
Mine shipped today loading the 123s for 6.5 prc. Will be looking forward to your results.

Bit of a noob here, (please forgive me). Would it be safe to say that rl16 wouldnt work well in 6.5 prc if it works that well in 6.5CM? Do i need to find a powder that would get me closer to 100% case fill? Similar barrel.
The 6.5 PRC is very similar ballistically to the 6.5-284 Norma (I own one). You'll want to look at RL23, Retumbo and RL26. I mainly use RL23.