Introducing the Absolute Hammer

That's real close to the same as my saum then. 3500 is my max speed that doesn't leave an ejector mark so far. I'm gonna try for 3600 today by jumping the bullet. Have you tried superformance yet.
Shep

well my son just walked in he was still messing with it and decided to pack her full of rl-23 62.5 hit 3554, 3551, and 3548 and no pressure gonna load a few and try them for accuracy his three were about 1.3 moa at 150, but that was with the magneto speed on

OK! Thanks for your input!

The first revision to the loading data table is now posted. The original table has been updated and is in the same place.
YOU'RE GONNA WANT TO LOOK AT THIS! Shep has blown past 3500 fps with his 6.5 saum and shot groups in the 1's!
Be very careful trying to emulate what he is doing. He is a Very accomplished benchrest shooter and gunsmith. Jamming these new bullets could seriously increase pressures. I'm not fully sure how he even accomplished it!
Be careful and sensible out there......

Link??

did you try the rl-23 with a jump I had to jump the 124 with it to get to 3400 without pressure and we are jumping the 123 also I am running about .004 neck tension were I normally run .002

When I did the rl23 test it was jumping .020. My h100v test was done with .002 jam. Gonna jump the h100v today to see if it will do the 3575 without pressure. How much are you guys jumping the hammers. Where is the jump sweet spot.
Shep

I understand and that is alot of jump I will let you know about accuracy the boy says he is loaded up and ready to try them

Last edited:
I really need to pull my barrel and throat it out another .050 with my bore rider reamer. I know it will do over 3600 like that. The bore rider throats are good for 100fps easy in everything I've tried it on.
Shep

Recent Posts