Introducing the Absolute Hammer

Rl26 won't work in the Creed with this weight. I'm at 48 grains with a 147 so I would never get enough powder in there. I've got so many kinds of powder I'm sure I'll figure it out. Probably start with h4350 and see if it Max's out capacity before pressure. Probably start with h4831 in the saum.
Shep

RL26 is the best powder for my creed and the 124 HH's so far. Not sure how much difference there will be with the AH's but I would not shy away from trying it.

It hits pressure at 2975-3000 so I typically load down to 2900-2925 on that one

22" barrel

h4350 tops out at 2850 for me and the grouping is better with the rl26
varget tops out at 2876
superformance was a touch faster, but it was a hot load and didnt group well. Please I wasnt sure it was temp stable.

It hits pressure at 2975-3000 so I typically load down to 2900-2925 on that one

22" barrel

h4350 tops out at 2850 for me and the grouping is better with the rl26
varget tops out at 2876
superformance was a touch faster, but it was a hot load and didnt group well. Please I wasnt sure it was temp stable.
RL16 works very well in the Creed with the 124gr Hammer. I'm getting 3033 and an ES of 4 with it (24" Proof, 8 twist)

Guys this new bullet is not going to act the same with the new low pressure design. Gonna need more powder than the case can hold of the slower powders. Might even have to go faster than h4350 to pressure up. Rl15 or even varget maybe. Gonna be fun to play with. I hope people post their data for these new bullets to help with the learning curve.
Shep

Guys this new bullet is not going to act the same with the new low pressure design. Gonna need more powder than the case can hold of the slower powders...

I looking forward to this actually! I'm mid stream on a 338-06 build and I'm really curious how it would handle the 255(ish) AH compared to the 210 HH I've been playing with up to this point.

Guys this new bullet is not going to act the same with the new low pressure design. Gonna need more powder than the case can hold of the slower powders. Might even have to go faster than h4350 to pressure up. Rl15 or even varget maybe. Gonna be fun to play with. I hope people post their data for these new bullets to help with the learning curve.
Shep

Not doubting you but I will be trying the RL26 as well. It would be nice to use a powder that isn't made from ground up unicorns.

Rl26 won't work in the Creed with this weight. I'm at 48 grains with a 147 so I would never get enough powder in there. I've got so many kinds of powder I'm sure I'll figure it out. Probably start with h4350 and see if it Max's out capacity before pressure. Probably start with h4831 in the saum.
Shep
Now your talking my language

If these bullets live up to the 3 to 400 fps increase it will be unreal. Another way to look at this bullet is you can shoot it normal speed and be at a much lower pressure. More barrel life. But that's not fun. So let's let them run. If you can get to 3300 fps with the Creed that would be an absolute awesome deal. Basically equal to my 257 wby mag. I shoot 120s at 3400 in my wby.
Shep

If these bullets live up to the 3 to 400 fps increase it will be unreal. Another way to look at this bullet is you can shoot it normal speed and be at a much lower pressure. More barrel life. But that's not fun. So let's let them run. If you can get to 3300 fps with the Creed that would be an absolute awesome deal. Basically equal to my 257 wby mag. I shoot 120s at 3400 in my wby.
Shep

The mention of a 400fps gain. Did I miss that prior posted information?

I thought it was ~300fps, based on test data to date?