Introducing the Absolute Hammer

As predicted, Rl 26 was a dud with the 123 AH. Lol. Going to try Staball again and Rl22 (it's what I have). I also only have about 120 rounds down the barrel so far. Things should speed up a little with more rounds if I read correctly
I'm running the 109 AH in my 6.5-284 with HV100, so I think a powder in that same burn rate will work well for you

As predicted, Rl 26 was a dud with the 123 AH. Lol. Going to try Staball again and Rl22 (it's what I have). I also only have about 120 rounds down the barrel so far. Things should speed up a little with more rounds if I read correctly

I see you are already using regular large rifle primers, which has helped some folks get lower pressures with the absolutes, so that's a good thing.

And it's not exactly a proven science yet either! Due to component shortages now isn't the best time to do this, but, it would be interesting to test a traditional bullet in your gun to see if it shoots the same, faster or slower than the absolutes. If slower then it could validate that you got one of the slower Christensen barrels.

I see you are already using regular large rifle primers, which has helped some folks get lower pressures with the absolutes, so that's a good thing.

And it's not exactly a proven science yet either! Due to component shortages now isn't the best time to do this, but, it would be interesting to test a traditional bullet in your gun to see if it shoots the same, faster or slower than the absolutes. If slower then it could validate that you got one of the slower Christensen barrels.
My friend fired three factory Hornady Hunter rounds through it at the range. The were sub-moa and averaged 3060fps. That's slower than the 4831sc and Staball in my gun.

My friend fired three factory Hornady Hunter rounds through it at the range. The were sub-moa and averaged 3060fps. That's slower than the 4831sc and Staball in my gun.

Cool, so it might be like my 270 and the 139 absolutes which is looking to land "only" 50-100fps over book max at safe pressure ranges. Now in my case it could be due to a short throat (always remember to spec throat depth on a new barrel!) Which could result in higher start pressure even with the absolutes.

Cool, so it might be like my 270 and the 139 absolutes which is looking to land "only" 50-100fps over book max at safe pressure ranges. Now in my case it could be due to a short throat (always remember to spec throat depth on a new barrel!) Which could result in higher start pressure even with the absolutes.
I would be ok with "only" 50-100fps extra. Lol. Also, once a barrel is fully broke in, 130 to 254 rounds, it can gain another 50fps? Those are just a couple round counts guys have mentioned with new barrels. I talked to my friend, we are going to seat the bullets into the case as far as we can and see if that helps at all with Staball.

We finished load development for my 6.5 prc today. We ended up using Staball 6.5. We were able to reduce the pressure quite a bit by seating the bullets deeper. This is what we finished with

CA Mesa, factory barrel 1:8 twist
123gr Absolute Hammer
6.5 prc, coal 2.910"
Nosler brass, annealed, not new, ? number of firings
CCI 200 primers
Staball 6.5- 56.2gr
3 shots- 3278fps
- 3276fps
- 3273fps
Very mild bolt lift but I'm ok with that.

I just want to say thank you to everyone on this forum. You have been much help and I learned a lot with the development of just this one round. Thanks again

Nothing earth shattering, but I was pretty happy with them at 1000yds. .300 PRC 199gr. Hammer Hunter w/ 77gr H1000 215M out of a $700 Bergara. Loaded at .030" off.

Attachments

• 8446B394-8A1F-43F0-ADBF-4E2DFD996788.jpeg
    8446B394-8A1F-43F0-ADBF-4E2DFD996788.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
  • F8F4BD90-A0AA-4D0B-A2ED-40B84F629112.jpeg
    F8F4BD90-A0AA-4D0B-A2ED-40B84F629112.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
Nice! I'll be testing some 245 Berger's here pretty soon and be making some decisions. I'm looking @ about 200" holdover @ that distance with a 300 yd zero and curious what yours was?