INTRODUCING Accubond Long Range

Fotis

Bend, Ore. – October 31, 2012 – Nosler, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of their new line of AccuBond® Long Range bullets. Developed through a combination of bullet manufacturing techniques that are unique to Nosler, the design of the AccuBond®-LR allows for the highest B.C. possible in a bullet of the same caliber and weight. Designed with an optimum performance window ranging from 3,200fps to 1,300fps, the unique tapered jacket geometry and proprietary
bonding process of the AccuBond®-LR allow it to expand rapidly for effective energy transfer and significant tissue damage while retaining sufficient weight to ensure deep penetration into the vitals. The AccuBond® bonding process allows the AccuBond®-LR to perform reliably on game throughout the entire velocity range, eliminating the problem of being "too close" often encountered with other high-B.C. bullets. The high-performance boat tail, long ogive, and polymer tip combine to make the AccuBond®-LR the sleekest, flattest- shooting, bonded, hunting bullet ever created. The ogive of the AccuBond®-LR is designed to provide excellent accuracy in a wide variety of firearms without the necessity of being loaded close to or in contact with the lands. The new AccuBond®-LR will be packaged in 100 count boxes, and will initially be available in the following calibers and weights.

nosler2013.jpg

These are awesome! Nosler is going to take the long range market by storm.
Way to go Nosler.

That's excellent news, I just hope the B.C.'s aren't inflated. I will certainly get in line to try some in my 7mm dakota.

Nathan

This is very good news!!

I've asked for years, why is it that we don't have a bonded bullet, tipped (or not), but shaped like a VLD that is a hunting bullet.

They need a 140 in 6.5mm

Spoke with Mike at Nosler. Both the 7mm 168 and 175 will stabilize in a 9 twist. Crop depredation should be interesting to say the least this spring. This may encourage Hornady to get in the long range game officially. Only goes to prove that competition is a good thing!

will these be available in other Nosler products? (BTs?) i had a terrible experience with accubonds on deer and won't use them again.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.