Interlock vs SST

I doubt that. The SST's just shed the weight a little faster, hence super shock, but once it reaches the interlock belt it's the same. The jackets are the same thickness. I filed them apart and saw that.
I just know they did more damage than Interlocks. I've lost complete shoulders to SST bullets but never to an Interlocks or monos

Not many know it, but the 243 dia, 105g HPBT makes a great deer and hog bullet!
Interesting. I have heard the hornady hpbt are very bad for hunting/terminal performance (as much as I've heard all match bullets shouldn't be used as such, some do perform excellently - usually the tipped ones). Tell us a little more about how these 105s behave and what you've experienced if you don't mind. I've long admired that bullet as being about the heaviest and highest bc bullet that my old 1:10 twist .243 will stabilize.

Interesting. I have heard the hornady hpbt are very bad for hunting/terminal performance (as much as I've heard all match bullets shouldn't be used as such, some do perform excellently - usually the tipped ones). Tell us a little more about how these 105s behave and what you've experienced if you don't mind. I've long admired that bullet as being about the heaviest and highest bc bullet that my old 1:10 twist .243 will stabilize.
There are a few people I know who shot the 105gr AMAX out of the 243 and they said it was was very good on game. I know Hornady did away with it a few years back but I still have a like 1.5 boxes left. I've shot one coyote with it and it worked fine. The exit wasn't as large as some of the heavier varmint bullets out there.

There are a few people I know who shot the 105gr AMAX out of the 243 and they said it was was very good on game. I know Hornady did away with it a few years back but I still have a like 1.5 boxes left. I've shot one coyote with it and it worked fine. The exit wasn't as large as some of the heavier varmint bullets out there.
I still have a box and a half of 6mm 105 Amax. XLNT bullet. Good lope medicine. Less destructive than a 6.5 Berger 140 if you ask me and many to judge by. Just my thoughts. You can have your own. I'm going to try 108 ELDX next.

Amax and hpbt ain't the same though! I've used the amax and now the eld m to great effect, I know about those haha. They're predictably and consistently violent. The hornady hpbt and Sierra smk I've heard are not so predictable, either blows up or just pencils through. No experience on my end and probably never will be because I'm not gonna stop using what I've seen works just to try something that I've heard doesn't!

The AMax makes a great hunting bullet. At not magnum velocities of course.

Again, in the 7mm-08, the 162gr AMax is fantastic.