Interesting video if you have 10 min to waste

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
This does not have much to do with LRH but I started watching it and could not stop watching......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDoQwIAaXg&feature=g-vrec&context=G26c7fefRVAAAAAAAAAA]1 million fps Slow Motion video of bullet impacts made by Werner Mehl from Kurzzeit - YouTube[/ame]

It would be interesting to know what bullets were made out of(mostly pure lead I am sure) and what media they were being fired into.

It is hard not to watch!!! Not sure why but had to watch the entire thing.

I know the ones that have the tip on the back of the bullet are RWS bullets. Have a feeling some of those were scenars, and one of them looks like an SMK. My question is what is dropping on the bullets when it gets hit w/ what looks like a water drop that deforms the bullet.

+1 Tank,
Looked like drips, or molten pellets or BB's or something whackin those pistol bullets. I was watching the video, & the race @ Fontana, & being daddy to a 1 yr old in diapers, a 4 yr old who's sick today, & a hyperactive 6 yr old, so needless to say I never completed the video even after 4 attempts....:rolleyes:
But I did enjoy the bit that I did see, & was very curious about those "drops" & how they timed that!!??
Cool video Kirby.
Well at least the part I got to see anyway:D

I would guess those "drops" were shotgun pellets that were fired into the path of the bullets and the camera just picked up the ones that HAPPENED to contact the bullet.

Not sure a novice is quite up to shooting a bullet with another bullet that often!!! LOL Course, there are much better shots out there then me no doubt!!:D

Hell, women say us guys can not multi task, **** friend, your pulling several of us up with your performance today, congrats and keep it up, makes some of us look bad though. LOL You need a beer or at least a foot rubbin tonight from the other half!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.