Interesting lead free bullet design/concept

ElCidAviator

Partitions ?
I know my post didn’t make much sense so let me try to clarify.

They are using a partitioned bullet with a tin core and a tin jacket plated with nickel. They chose the lightest of the material for both the jacket and the core which doesn’t make much sense to this knuckle dragger. A more interesting design to me would be a copper bullet with a tin frangible front end, so the copper would add a little bit of weight and better penetration.

But then again I’m just a dumb knuckle dragger.

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
A friend of mine has done two seasons of wild boar driven hunting and red deer stalking with the norma bullets you are talking about in France. He uses a 9.3x62 .
His shooting distances are from short range up to 300m and they perform really well even on large deer (200kg+) and large wild boars.
Another of my friends is a professional stalker in Scotland and has successfully used the norma in his 6.5x55 for the last year or so. With more than 150 red deer , fallow and roe deer taken successfully at ranges up to 400yrds.
I was stationed in RAF Lakenheath from 2000-2003, and Scotland is my favorite. The country and its people are absolutely amazing. I always wanted to hunt in Scotland for any species, but none of my co-workers hunted, and I got no guidance from them or reference to local expertise.

xsn10s

I was stationed in RAF Lakenheath from 2000-2003, and Scotland is my favorite. The country and its people are absolutely amazing. I always wanted to hunt in Scotland for any species, but none of my co-workers hunted, and I got no guidance from them or reference to local expertise.
Did you tour the distilleries? ;)

xsn10s

I do not remember; I passed the keys to my wife. L🤣L!
single malt whiskey GIF

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
I know my post didn’t make much sense so let me try to clarify.

They are using a partitioned bullet with a tin core and a tin jacket plated with nickel. They chose the lightest of the material for both the jacket and the core which doesn’t make much sense to this knuckle dragger. A more interesting design to me would be a copper bullet with a tin frangible front end, so the copper would add a little bit of weight and better penetration.

But then again I’m just a dumb knuckle dragger.
Ammunition manufacturers have been offering nickel-plated bullet options primarily to eliminate copper fouling, as noted by @Hard rock in #38, so that is one of the advantages. Regarding metal density, copper is 8.93 g/cm3 vs. nickel 8.9 (Source: https://www.theworldmaterial.com/density-of-metals/). I, too, am no expert but appreciate innovations and other options/alternatives. Cheers!

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
Did you make it to Edinburg, Scotland? Rose Street and the walk to The Edinburg Castle?
Yes, we also saw the Military Tattoo show. In our first year, we were members of the national historical society and visited many castles in the UK until our kids got tired of it.

bamban

LRH Team Member
Yes, we also saw the Military Tattoo show. In our first year, we were members of the national historical society and visited many castles in the UK until our kids got tired of it.
Saw the Military Tattoo once. That was awesome.

They had pubs there older than the USA

D-mon

It is never too late to fly back over there for a hunt if you want to. Reach out if you ever feel the hitch ;-)

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
It is never too late to fly back over there for a hunt if you want to. Reach out if you ever feel the hitch ;-)
I hear you, I had the work opportunity to return a few years ago, but the stars were not aligned at the time. I appreciate you; cheers!