Interesting Fact about Black Bears

My dad liked to go to the dump by Paradise in the Michigan UP back in the early 60's.
Same as mentioned in previous posts. I guess I was around 4 at the time. I wanted to take a bear home with us. My parents said no. I said theirs room next to me in the back seat. They again said no. They told me I threw a fit cause they said no. I don't remember that part of the story.

I see BC just did a cull of sorts due to the heavy increase of black bear activity. This only proves what I and others have been saying; WRT increase in bear numbers due to Covid (less hunting) from the 🇺🇸.
sad that the conservation officers couldn't have allowed hunting for this.

I read and have seen on tv about polar bears. They are amazing . I thought Alaskan Costal browns on average a little heavier/bigger than polar bears but I could be wrong . They both are certainly apex hunterscavemanI would have not liked to have hunted them with spears and bows like indians , Eskimos, caveman, etc.. Scarey to think about it ... 😳
Polar bears are the top dog, er bear in my mind. Saw a special once where a guy that lived his whole life around them said the polar bear many times, won't even get excited when attacking a person. They will leisurely follow a few steps behind and when the urge strikes them, they will just pull an arm off and start enjoying it while the victim runs or flops around, or whatever said victim does when they loose an arm. Once the bear is through with the snack. It will mosey on to catch up and grab the next morsel it wants. They don't even recognize us as anything but a moving snack bar in areas where they haven't encountered weapons to fear. They are absolute alfa predators in their world and we don't even rank up with a baby seal as far as a challenge goes.