Interarms Mark X

impact353

Ok guys I hve been searching for hours and haven't found much. I have a Interarms Mark X in 300 win mag. I am wanting to rebarrel it down to a 7mm rem mag. My question has to do with the stock. 1 is there a difference in the long action and a magnum action? 2 does anyone know where I can get a composite stock for the magnum action?

Thanks and God Blessgun)gun)

There is no difference in action length. In fact, the only difference between magnum and standard cartridges in a Mark X action is the bolt face and magazine follower. Any composite stock for a Mark X will fit your action.

Bell & Carlson makes composite stocks for the Mark X. One place to find them is stockysstocks.com

There is a difference in the mag box length on some of the Mark X's but yours should have the shorter mag box for a 300wm. The 375 H&H's have a extension in the front of the mag box. The foot print of the actions are exactly the same though and all the stocks should fit no matter which action it is.

The 300 win mag Mark X action is the same as the standard like Idaho stated. Withe most Mauser stocks the drop in isn't always exactly drop in due to the minor variations in factory tolerances for a rifle design that has been around for so long. So be prepared to make some small mods to any stock you buy. The Bell and Carlson's with the aluminum bed block is a good stock for the money. I own a varmint model mauser stock built by them and I really like it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.