Interarms Mark X trigger adjustment

GW Hunter

I recently pulled out my 06 from the safe to get some cob webs out of it. I'm reloading this particular rifle for the first time. After a range session, 60 grains of RL19 under 150 grain TTSXs and the rifle shoots 3/4" groups at 100 yards @ 2710'/sec. It is doing this with a 6 lb trigger pull, so I've decided to lighten it a bit. The rifle is a late 70's Interarms Mark X. It was basically put to stable in the 80's when I went to my Weatherby but the gun had always been fairly accurate (I obviously got a good one). Now i'm curious what I can get it do really do. I don't want to strip it to get to the trigger screws without having the torque info to put it back together. Anyone have this info for this rifle? Or know where I can find it? I have the manual but it doesn't have torque values. Thanks in advance for any replies...

If it helps you, on 2 action screw sporter-weight barrels I use at least 40 in-lbs on the front screw and typically 5 less on the rear. Full pillar bedded or lam stocks, torque can go higher, but when doing so, I walk them up.

If it helps you, on 2 action screw sporter-weight barrels I use at least 40 in-lbs on the front screw and typically 5 less on the rear. Full pillar bedded or lam stocks, torque can go higher, but when doing so, I walk them up.
Thanks....40in-lbs seems to be the common number. I will use that if I have no luck finding the factory value.

FYI - i found an original Interarms Mark X manual in PDF form on Steve's Pages (now subscription based). No torque values noted.

Brownell's pages on action torque lists 40 inch-pounds if un-pillered on a wood stock.

FYI - i found an original Interarms Mark X manual in PDF form on Steve's Pages (now subscription based). No torque values noted.

Brownell's pages on action torque lists 40 inch-pounds if un-pillered on a wood stock.
Yea... I got that one. I will go with the 40 and 35 in the rear. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.