Interarms Mark X 7mm Rem Mag

Ruger338

This my new Long Range rifle. It is an Interarms Mark X in 7mm Remington Magnum. The barrel is 24 inches and about .720 at the muzzle. The scope is a super sniper 16x with Burris tactical rings and Warne steel bases. The stock is very beautiful with nice character. I am hoping it will shoot the Berger 168 VLDs or maybe even the 168 Classic Hunters. But I am going try the Nosler Long Range Accubonds when I can get my hands on them.

Attachments

• 057.jpg
    057.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 1,198
  • 058.jpg
    058.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 1,054
  • 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 1,114
  • 060.jpg
    060.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 872
Update on my rifle. I am loading Berger 168 Hunting VLD"s with 65 grains of IMR 7828. Federal Gold Medal Match Standard Rifle Primers and Federal Brass Cases. I used the recommendations from Berger on setting the bullets for seating depth. Here is the group sizes as the seating depths got deeper.

Load Number 1 set at .010 off rifling. Bullet #1-3 in same hole with #4 hitting a little low.

image-2.jpg

Load Number 2 set at .040 off rifling. Bullet #1,2,4 almost touching with #3 low and left.
image-1.jpg

Load Number 3 set at .080 off rifling. All 4 bullets landed in the one inch square in a clockwise pattern.

image.jpg

Load Number 4 set at .120 off rifling and will actually fit in the magazine. 4 bullets 1/2 inch group. I believe I am going to go with this one.

image-3.jpg

I had that exact rifle a few years back. I bought it for $450 CAD, it was unbelievable. Unfortunately I let it go on a trade and am still kicking myself!
Nice looking rig and group 4 looks real nice!

Love those Mark X's! They can still be had for about the same price as a most domestic makers' budget rifle. I would take a Mark X over any budget rifle and most brands' flagship rifles any day.

That is a sharp looking rifle! I am not surprised at how it shoots. Every example I've seen shot very well. I consider these rifles to be very underrated!

I know this is a very old post, but did you ever get those Accubond Long Range bullets?

I have the same rifle and have been working up loads on it for about a year now. Not as much success as you've had. I am new to reloading as well.

Been using 168 Matchkings, but just started on a box of 150 AB LR and jumping to a new powder RL22 (was using Retumbo with the Matchkings)

This my new Long Range rifle. It is an Interarms Mark X in 7mm Remington Magnum. The barrel is 24 inches and about .720 at the muzzle. The scope is a super sniper 16x with Burris tactical rings and Warne steel bases. The stock is very beautiful with nice character. I am hoping it will shoot the Berger 168 VLDs or maybe even the 168 Classic Hunters. But I am going try the Nosler Long Range Accubonds when I can get my hands on them.
I have the same rifle I bought in the 1970 and have only shot 175 grain hand loads

Recent Posts