Integrally suppressed rifle barrels ?

375rifleman

Hello I was wondering about any information on integrally suppressed rifle barrels (companies, products) the rifle cartridge combination I am looking at using is a right bolt left port rifle magazine fed action ( possibly a Savage action ) chambered in 500/510 Whisper ( 338 Lapua necked up to .510 or a 338 Edge necked up to .510 if possible ? ) I'm wanting to use at least s 750 grain A-Max but would really like to use a 800 grain Barnes Bore Riding Solid ( If possible ? ) Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts, opinions, and answers.

You might as well give JD Jones at SSK a call, because he is about the only source for Whisper products. They keep a pretty close hold on their proprietary calibers. You can find an occasional reamer for sale, but not often in the less common Whisper calibers. JD is a nice guy and a wealth of information, so I don't think you'll be disappointed with the effort to make a call or email with questions. If I found a source for a .510 Whisper reamer, or even a ".50-7BR," I would consider building my own integrally suppressed rifle in the caliber. I have been looking at doing one on a Form 1, lately. A buddy is building a Form 1 DeLisle carbine, now.

i would think a 338 lapua necked up to 50 cal would go quite a bit faster than 1050. i would think more along 2000 fps ish

It probably will but that's not the point for which the cartridge was designed... Plus the 510 Whisper is a 338 Lapua case trimmed to 1.875" not the full length case necked up

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.