Insuring your rifle

TBuckus

Any recommendations on insurance coverage for your rifles/etc?
I currently have an addendum to my homeowners policy, but I sold the house and will be renting soon for a while. I figured this would be a good time to look at options.
I haven't looked into renters insurance yet. I kinda like the idea of a separate policy for my firearm related stuff.
SIAI seems pretty comprehensive. Will need to itemize everything. They don't cover suppressors though
ArmsCare appears to be the replacement for the NRA free insurance.

lots of things to check into--replacement value, declared value, diminished value, actual cash value, market value (BEWARE OF INSURANCE COMPANY LINGO)

proof of receipts? or just pics of firearm with serial number? detailed reports/logs given to insurance company? or just kept on file for actual loss? appraisals needed?

do they insure NFA items? details and regulations of storage? do you need to keep them in a locked cabinet, locked safe, or fireproof locked safe?

are they insured for loss? theft?, fire? flood? breakage? natural disasters? loss in mail? do they cover accessories (optics, custom paint, optic mounts, custom stocks, aftermarket triggers/bipods etc or custom barrels?)

try someone like this company to see what a quote might be: https://collectinsure.com/what-we-insure/guns-knives-accessories
(just a suggestion, I am not tied to their company in any way)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.