Installing target turrets

Poe

I recently won a 6.5-20x50 Vortex Viper rifle scope. I really like the scope but I would prefer the exposed target turrets and this scope has capped hunting knobs. I was wondering if it is possible to instal the target/tactical knobs or do I have to get a scope that came with them from the factory. Thanks.

Go to vortex's website and email or call them. I'm 81.2% sure that they can work with something out with you.

I emailed Vortex and they informed me that the external target/tactical knobs can not be installed. They said custome turrets can be installed but using the caps is still suggested

Second question. I have a Vortex diamondback tactical on my .243 right now. I am just getting into the long range game and I like this scope but it doesn't have parallax adjustment and the viper does. I use this gun for both targets and hunting. If you were in my place would you use the viper and just remove the caps when you want to adjust on the viper or keep the diamond back on it for now.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.