Inside my new Criterion barrel

So a related question. If that is residue from bore cleaning solutions, does that affect your first couple of shots out of a clean barrel?

I've never had problems using brakeklean. But use the one with the green label. Works great to neutralize sweets and other cooper cleaners. Also for removing and softening carbon fouling.

jlreff have you ever read the material safety data sheet on the paper label on the can . I have used cases of the green label at work . It's the industrial grade brakleen and has the same warnings on it . I was doing a welding test one time and a guy sprayed me and my coupon with it while I was welding it nearly killed me and there was no repairing the hydrogen damage to the coupon . Phosgene was used by Germay to kill thousands as it was cheaper to produce then other toxins , until 911 it was used to kill prairie dogs . Just take care with it's use if you use it in your home or shop in the winter while your furnace is running .

I am as guilty as any one else of not always reading the MSDS for all of the different products that I have and do use . Chlorine bleach is a good example of the need to do this ,when used in combination with some detergents or acid type products it puts off chlorine gas and a worker in a restaurant just did that several were hospitalized and the manager died trying to clean up the mess and flush it down the drain . It made National News . Just please read up on the products that we expose our families and our selves to . at one time DDT and asbestos were thought to be miracle products .

I have read the m s d s, plus they've gone to a global m s d s guide line. I wear gloves plenty of ventilation and keep ignition sources out of the way. Use the green label because it's not as bad on plastic or wood stocks. By the way brichwood Casey gunscruber is the same stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.