INSANITY !! Ammo and Component Prices

I said I wouldn't slow my shooting but I finally have. That's ok, my golf game is improving rapidly, and I'm comfortable in my supplies and doing some light plinking and such. I bought some stuff beginning of last year planning to flip it but I just don't have the heart to do it. Have no malintent towards those that can.

this too shall pass

It will end when people's pockets run empty and they stop paying those ridiculous prices. I'd say 2021 is going to be a rough year, maybe we start getting back to some sort of normalcy towards the end of the year price wise, but supply issues will continue into 2022, maybe beyond. Every shortage cycle brings new panic buyers into the fold so each time it gets worse. I thought it was bad after Sandy Hook in 2012 (and it was ... that's what got me into reloading) but I fear this will be much worse especially with the plans Biden / Harris have in store for us.
From what I'm reading, a lot of these new gun buyers are D's that got red pilled during this past Summer of lawlessness across our major cities.

It became obvious too many of them what was already obvious to us....the police are not necessarily going to able to help in your time of need and you need to be personally accountable for your family's safety.

With that said, hopefully the surge of new gun owners on the left will help us politically.

We shall see.

I said I wouldn't slow my shooting but I finally have. That's ok, my golf game is improving rapidly, and I'm comfortable in my supplies and doing some light plinking and such. I bought some stuff beginning of last year planning to flip it but I just don't have the heart to do it. Have no malintent towards those that can.

this too shall pass
I'm thinking about buying a bolt action .223 to slow the rate I shoot through my ammo cans. The ARs are probably going to collect some dust until M193 prices re-enter the atmosphere.

The hoarding of 2008 was the wakeup call to make sure and stock up on brass, bullets and powder for many of us. Keep in mind, unless you're spraying lead, a few hundred pieces of brass loads a long way.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.