input on a 338 edge elr bench gun

so i have made some small steps forward.
it appears both vv570 and h1000 will keep a bullet above the subsonic transition point with a 300 gr berger from just a 28" bbl at 2000 yards. 2800+ and 2700+ respectively. coal 4.06"
i have a reamer drawing almost complete. have a seater and neck turning gear, a sizer on order, a solid lead on a stock, a dealer set up on a kelbly's golden bear in black, right bolt, dual port, right eject, 20 moa rail and my first box of bullets sitting on the shelf next to an keg of h1000.
opppsssss i for got the best news
a nightforce ATACR 7-35xx56 f1 with MOAR for less than three grand!
( they have 100 moa elevation built in,34mm tube)

Last edited:
Alex stock is great.

Brought or Bartlein

For what you want go with a solid single shot action no need for magazine.

Talk to Dave Kiff at PTG about the "Speedy 338 Lapua AI" reamer

Lapua brass and 215M primers and Norma MRP2 powder. 300s at easy 2950 fps.

338 edge
dave does all my reamers
the action is single shot

Alex stock is great.

Brought or Bartlein

For what you want go with a solid single shot action no need for magazine.

Talk to Dave Kiff at PTG about the "Speedy 338 Lapua AI" reamer

Lapua brass and 215M primers and Norma MRP2 powder. 300s at easy 2950 fps.

I would use ADG brass. And if you don't have one on hand, loaded with a 300 grain bergers is .365. I went with a .370 neck.

64B96EB3-79C8-4505-B8D6-80D612B33205.jpeg
Here is my edge on Alex stock, smooth shooter in that stock for sure, can't go wrong with it.

Ok...love that stock!
Where and how much?
Thanks
Yes it's a Wheeler Accuracy Lrb stock. Rudder is adjustable and tracks great, He built the complete gun with a edge barrel and a 6bra barrel/bolt as well. It makes light gun easily with the panda action, his work is top shelf. Troy

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.