Innovative technologies collet sizer die?

I have one an I like it. I could get 3 reloading out of 1 case before the shell would stick using my fl rcbs dies. Bought the collect sizer die, I'm good to go for another couple of reloads.

New to loading the belted magnums and thought that if it worked it may be good to cut off problems from the git go. Thank you for the replys. Can you please extrapolate on the "those who need it" thanks

I have one.

It works as advertized except mine likes Forster's case lube better than sizing wax.

Some points:
If you have only one rifle in a belted magnum chambering, you should never need it.
If you don't abuse your brass with heavy loads, you should never need it.
If you use only your own brass, you should never need it.

but

When you need it, you need it so for $100 I'm happy to have one around.

Generally, the guys that need them most are the guys that partial full length size their case, meaning, once the case is fireformed, they size the shoulder of the brass down .001-.002" and headspace off the shoulder instead of the belt. What this does is gives your brass a better fit in your chamber, however, it also results in a section of brass right above the belt that doesn't get sized.

The unsized section expands a little every time you fire your brass causing the case to eventually become hard to chamber, or stick in the chamber after it is fired. The problem is most common in loosely spec'd chambers that allow the expansion to take place.

Larry Willis' die sizes the expanded portion so you can get more life from your brass. As stated earlier, it works as designed if you need it.

Thank you very much guys. That cleared it up a lot. I will keep an eye on changing dimensions in my brass from my initial case measurements.

Thank you very much guys. That cleared it up a lot. I will keep an eye on changing dimensions in my brass from my initial case measurements.

I do not believe full length sizing dies will resize the case just above the belt. I am loading for a 300 Weatherby Magnum and was full length resizing. After 3 loadings the cases would not chamber. The Willis die solved the problem. I am loading brass with a Weaatherby head stamp and it is expensive.

I do not believe full length sizing dies will resize the case just above the belt. I am loading for a 300 Weatherby Magnum and was full length resizing. After 3 loadings the cases would not chamber. The Willis die solved the problem. I am loading brass with a Weaatherby head stamp and it is expensive.
I was waiting for that one.

You are correct. FL sizing does not size all the way down.

You want to FL resize like a non-belted, bumping the shoulder .001-.003.

The Willis die solves the problem of growth just ahead (like .005) of the belt.

The gentle bumping of the shoulder solves the problem of over working the brass that causes head separation problems. Your brass will last much longer.

Don't forget to anneal the neck and shoulder.

I recently bought some once fired 300 weatherby brass that wouldn't let the bolt down. Called Lee to get advice on what to do, but nothing worked. I ended up finding information on this case sizing die, and called Larry at innovative. He recommended the sizing die and guaranteed it would work or I could send it back. It works great. Rounds load easily, bolt comes down like it should. I ended up buying the recommended DVD,but it wasn't very helpful. The instructions that came with the die was plenty.

I full length size belted magnums as well and size off the shoulder. Cases would not chamber after a few reloads. Just tried Innovative Technologies Die tonight and it works great. This product does what it claims and as an added benefit, should get most or all of your money back soon enough by not having to buy new brass before it's time.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.