inline fabrication quick change mount, which size?

Bigeclipse

I am curious what height you all have your reloading presses? I know this will depend on how tall your bench is but maybe you can just either give an estimate or say something like..."I get my press handle close to chest height, or belly height when sitting....etc." Inline fab has three size heights and im not sure which one to get for my needs. They are not exactly cheap so im trying to buy once. Thanks!

First of all congratulations on your decision to purchase an Inline Fab. product. They are very well built and worth every penny. Now in response to your question. I am 6'1" and my bench height is 37". I purchased the tall mount for my Rock Chucker and enjoy this height when I'm standing at my bench. But when I get lazy and decide to sit the tall mount is too high. So I have purchased the base that allows me to mount the press flush to the top of my bench. Because of the quick attach feature I'm able to change the height of my press standing to sitting. Not a definitive answer, but this has been my experience. Good luck.
Duane

Duane gave a good answer. It depends on the press and the bench, and whether you want to sit or stand. I have two benches with three presses, but two inline fab mounts. The first bench is very tall, 41", with a Dillon 550 on a Dillon strong mount. There's no sitting here, you really need to stand to see down into the cases, and I'm tall at 6' 8".

The other bench is lower with a taller chair, so I have an inline fab 4" Micro mount for a Lee Classic Cast, and a flush mount for a Co-ax that has an IF short handle. The handle of the co-ax is significantly taller than the Lee handle, and I want to reach out to it, not upwards each time. The offsets work for me so I can sit at both presses. If I want to stand at the Co-ax I would just move it to the 4" mount (and optionally change the handle back to stock.)

I have one extra flush mount on the other side of the bench to store a press on, or to use for a Dillon super swage 600 or a Lee bench priming tool, which are also on quick mounts, and those mounts are stored on the IF storage racks.

First measure the height of your bench, and if possible set your press up to get your handle height, then decide if you want to stand or sit or both. You want the height of inline fab riser that will allow you to reach out at shoulder height or perhaps down a bit to operate the press handle. At least that's what works for me.

Duane gave a good answer. It depends on the press and the bench, and whether you want to sit or stand. I have two benches with three presses, but two inline fab mounts. The first bench is very tall, 41", with a Dillon 550 on a Dillon strong mount. There's no sitting here, you really need to stand to see down into the cases, and I'm tall at 6' 8".

The other bench is lower with a taller chair, so I have an inline fab 4" Micro mount for a Lee Classic Cast, and a flush mount for a Co-ax that has an IF short handle. The handle of the co-ax is significantly taller than the Lee handle, and I want to reach out to it, not upwards each time. The offsets work for me so I can sit at both presses. If I want to stand at the Co-ax I would just move it to the 4" mount (and optionally change the handle back to stock.)

I have one extra flush mount on the other side of the bench to store a press on, or to use for a Dillon super swage 600 or a Lee bench priming tool, which are also on quick mounts, and those mounts are stored on the IF storage racks.

First measure the height of your bench, and if possible set your press up to get your handle height, then decide if you want to stand or sit or both. You want the height of inline fab riser that will allow you to reach out at shoulder height or perhaps down a bit to operate the press handle. At least that's what works for me.
Thanks!

I wish no one showed me Inline fabrication. I have now spent 400$ on their stuff! haha

FWIW: I'm 5-10 and bench is 37" and the stand is 10" supporting a Forster CoAx. I stand up when operating the press.

I also bought the LED lights from Inline and i love em!

Thanks!

I wish no one showed me Inline fabrication. I have now spent 400$ on their stuff! haha

Tell me about it! I spent $500 on Black Friday, and that was with a $90 discount for the day. I also bought their handles for all three presses.

If they had been around 20 years ago I also would have bought their tall mount rather than the Dillon strong mount for my 550, but I have everything tied into that now so don't want to change things.

I'm 6'3" but sit on a tall stool at a 42" high bench. I use a Bonanza Co-ax mostly with the tall (9 3/4") riser, but mounted mine at an angle a few inches in from the edge of the bench for easier access to the lever while seated. Not sure if the primer catch jar would fit with the middle height riser using it this way. I also have a big ol' Hornady single stage which on the same riser has to be fairly close to the edge of the bench but still works well for me. The final positioning was decided after a bunch of dry runs with both presses before drilling any mounting holes.

Inline Fabrication stuff makes me happy because I can fit everything on a much smaller bench in a much smaller house. If you have any questions Dan is very helpful. We emailed a back & forth a few times before ordering & everything fits & works splendidly. I may buy the LED lights but wont know until the rest of the bench is finished & lit.

O like my set up right now but I stand at the press !
Rum Man
20190810_083548.jpg

Tell me about it! I spent $500 on Black Friday, and that was with a $90 discount for the day. I also bought their handles for all three presses.

If they had been around 20 years ago I also would have bought their tall mount rather than the Dillon strong mount for my 550, but I have everything tied into that now so don't want to change things.
I went with the quick change setup with flushmount and the quick change 4inch and 8inch risers. I also purchased their handle, wall mount and bins etc.

I went with the quick change setup with flushmount and the quick change 4inch and 8inch risers. I also purchased their handle, wall mount and bins etc.

I loved their wall mount, but have zero wall space available. I did get two of the storage brackets to screw to the back of my bench though.

If I were rebuilding my reloading area the first thing I would get is that wall mount system.

On the flush plates, I didn't want to permanently modify the bench so got the additional spacer, so the plates sit slightly above the surface rather than being mortised in.

I loved their wall mount, but have zero wall space available. I did get two of the storage brackets to screw to the back of my bench though.

If I were rebuilding my reloading area the first thing I would get is that wall mount system.

On the flush plates, I didn't want to permanently modify the bench so got the additional spacer, so the plates sit slightly above the surface rather than being mortised in.
I did the exact same thing with the flush mount. I do plan on building a new bench someday and when that day comes I will likely make the flushmount a real flushmount.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.