ingredients for success

loaders_loft

Here are some of my components and parts, for my upcoming tactical match rifle in 260rem. Jerry at Newman Precision is the gunsmith.
260build002.jpg

Surgeon RSR action with 20 moa double pinned rail and double pinned recoil lug and KMW bolt knob
Badger M5 bottom metal
nightforce 5.5-22x56 npr1
nosler brass
lapua scenar 139gr bullets
forster dies

The remaining hardware is already with Jerry, Brux 1:8 twist #10MTU with interrupted fluting, macmillan A3-5, jewell trigger.

Jerry has been highly recommended through the local Sacramento club.
NorCal Practical Precision Rifle Club.
NCPPRC: About Us
Home

Looks like you have the makings for an excellent rifle. How long will it take to build?

Remember...everytime the bell rings an angel gets it's wings.....SO everytime there's a new gun we get pics:)...Good luck with the build.

Looks like you have the makings for an excellent rifle. How long will it take to build?

Jerry shipped the rifle last week, 90 days on the button from receiving all my parts, same price and timeframe that he quoted me when I started accumlating parts last fall. What a great guy to deal with.

The rifle should be here Friday, can't wait to shoot it...

L_L

Congratulations, greatlooking rig. The camo and barrel fluting came out really good. I guess the NF will be going on it pretty soon. How thick is the recoil pad?

Congratulations, greatlooking rig. The camo and barrel fluting came out really good. I guess the NF will be going on it pretty soon. How thick is the recoil pad?

thanks. The camo is molded in GAP from Mcmillan.

The nightforce is on, mounted it today at the range. With my 5 diamond target at 100 yards, I peeped down the bore and centered it on the target, then adjusted the scope to center. First shot was within 2" of the bullseye. Who says you need a tool to boresight!!

The recoil pad is minimal, but there's really no recoil to speak of anyway. There are several spacers like blipelt mentioned, for adjustments. I'll play with those later I guess. Today was all about break-in.

adjustable LOP before the recoil pad. Very nice rifle, you gotta love the Brux barrel fluting.

Brent

The fluting is sweet looking for sure. This is the 1st rifle in Sacramento I've seen with this fluting. I can see that keeping it clean will require some ingenuity, maybe a silicone spray & sponge, or similar. I'm open to ideas, but thinking that a pile of Q-tips would certainly work, except it would drive me nuts...:rolleyes:

depending on the throat, do not be afraid to try the Berger or JLK 130s. Lots of guys having great luck with both and more MV.

I am building a 6.5x47 throated for the 130s now.

BH

You're probably right. Jerry Newman, the gunsmith who built the rifle, also highly recommended the berger 130's. I've got 1000 of the scenar 139's so I guess once those are gone I can try the others:D

I use a soft bristled toothbrush for my flutes. I have the same setups on two of my longrange rifles. Mcmillan adjustable a5 and interrupted flutes on my Brux barrels. I love the look of them.

Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.