Information on handloading for LR Precision...

TeamSasquatch

Well, finally got the 300RUM home, mounted it in the M24SWS stock by HS Precision, and am in the process of scoping it now...

My question is, Are there any manuals dedicated specifically to reloading for long range and ultra long range shooting applications?

FWIW, in all honesty, I haven't done a lot of handloading, being the primary rounds I shoot are readily available in factory applications, but seeing as how there aren't any good match ammo offerings in 300 RUM, I've just crossed over into the world of handloading, figure I might as well try and get the best possible results for all the calibers I shoot.
Thanks in advance for any help......

'Squatch......

Pick up the book "Precision Shooting at a 1000 yards" Pretty good place to start- lots of info and has a chapter on reloading for long range.
Chris

These two are the best I've seen, nothing else has even come close. Both were published by Precision Shooting Inc.

Here's a picture so you all know what to look for.

This ones 256 pages. Lots of 338-416 Rigby IMP in here too. I'll probably see Darryl C. somewhere in here before I'm through.

__tn_100%25.jpg

This one is 534 pages and has the best articles written on the almost 80 topics contained, originally printed in Precision Shooting Magazine. These are not your typical magazine article either. These are the ones we read twenty magazines to find just one that resembles these.
These books contain the best information on the subject in just two books I've ever seen.

[ 07-01-2002: Message edited by: Brent ]

I give up. Pictures won't show up.

Anyway the first is "Precision shooting at 1000 yards."

The second is "The Highpower shooting Primer"

[ 07-01-2002: Message edited by: Brent ]

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.