information on 338 edge and +P

PEEWEE69

Ok I was dead set on building a 30-378 Weatherby . Since I've been reading and researching the 30-378 comparing it to other 30 cal. and 338 cal. From what I've read and researched I'll get better ballistics and barrel life from a 338 . Wich got me to thinking about the 338 edge or +P .
Will I really gain anything by going 338 since I plan on using a 26 in barrel plus brake

You just have to run the numbers and look at what you are wanting to do. I would take a edge over a 30-378 any day but that is me over more reasons than ballistics. I don't like the brass quality and especially the price. I don't like belts if I don't have to and I don't like the double radius. The only thing is if you have a action you cannot use that bolt for a edge would have to be a lapua vairiant.

You have to go through Defensive Edge for the +P and he has the .338 Terminator in +P if you need to go with a Lapua based case. If I'm not mistaken, he isn't building off of any customer actions right now with the release of his new Terminator action.

Well all I have is the action at the moment but can change out bolt head and build something else later if I go with the edge
was looking at DE rifles like the way they look and they build a lefty

From everything I've been able to gather if you are using a 26" barrel its better to just run the regular 338 RUM. But if you are thinking of using DE then I would just call him and get info straight from him, I'm sure he won't lead you astray.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.