Info on Vector Optics SCOL-PARAGON 5-25X56 with advertised SCHOTT GMBH LENSES.?

Davebrantnerwv

I. Tried to buy this VECTOR OPTICS PATAGON SCOL-3 , 5-25 X 56mm with AUDVERTISED SCHOTT GMBH LENSES.

I BOUGHT THIS SCOPE FROM " VECTOR OPTICS ARSENAL, DELTA TEAM TACTICAL, OMEGA MANFG INC. ALL OF SARATOGA SPRINGS, UT.
THEY SHIPPED IT TO ME , HOWEVER. THEY DID NOT SHIP THE SCOPE THAT I ORDERED AND PAID FOR.
I THEN RETURNED IT.
THEN THEY SHIPPED IT BACK TO ME , THE VERY SAME SCOPE A WEEK LATER. I RETURNED IT AGAIN
NOW I AM FIGHTING TO GET MY MONEY BACK.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS , IF ANYONE OUT THERE , HAS EVER USED ONE OF THESE , VECTOR OPTICS SCOPE , SCOL-3 PARAGON , 5-25X56mm , for mid range 600 and
1000 YDS Hunting or Target shooting ?

It is Chinease made. The one they shipped to me , 3-15 X 50 (RETURNED TWICE)
Seemed to be well made. A problem with the power knob , as it had a portion of the
Rotation from 3x15 was hard, then very loose , then hard again. However it was very heavy.

Really would appreciate your opinion .

DaveBrantnerwv

Last edited:
I. Tried to buy this VECTOR OPTICS PATAGON SCOL-3 , 5-25 X 56mm with AUDVERTISED SCHOTT GMBH LENSES.

I BOUGHT THIS SCOPE FROM " VECTOR OPTICS ARSENAL, DELTA TEAM TACTICAL, OMEGA MANFG INC. ALL OF SARATOGA SPRINGS, UT.
THEY SHIPPED IT TO ME , HOWEVER. THEY DID NOT SHIP THE SCOPE THAT I ORDERED AND PAID FOR.
I THEN RETURNED IT.
THEN THEY SHIPPED IT BACK TO ME , THE VERY SAME SCOPE A WEEK LATER. I RETURNED IT AGAIN
NOW I AM FIGHTING TO GET MY MONEY BACK.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS , IF ANYONE OUT THERE , HAS EVER USED ONE OF THESE , VECTOR OPTICS SCOPE , SCOL-3 PARAGON , 5-25X56mm , for mid range 600 and
1000 YDS Hunting or Target shooting ?

It is Chinease made. The one they shipped to me , 3-15 X 50 (RETURNED TWICE)
Seemed to be well made. A problem with the power knob , as it had a portion of the
Rotation from 3x15 was hard, then very loose , then hard again. However it was very heavy.

Really would appreciate your opinion .

DaveBrantnerwv
I have the Vector Optics Taurus 6-30x56, and the glass is better than every other scope I have owned. I sold my Nikon F1000, as the Vector was clearer, brighter, has a better reticle, and the zoom and parallax are butter smooth and easy to turn. I compared my Athlon Argos to this scope side by side, in daylight and at night, and the cheaper Vector blew it away in clarity, brightness and eye box. The exit pupil on this thing is 4 inches!
The glass is supposed to be Schott, and based on what I am seeing, I believe it. I like the FFP of the reticle also, and the ilumminated center dot makes it very fast to get on target. ( need to be zoomed in a bit in daylight to use effectively though). I called them last night, and they are coming out with an FFP tactical version of their top of the line Continental scope, which actually costs less than an Athlon Midas.

Although these are inexpensive Chinese optics, they are not "cheap". The quality is there, and they have a lifetime guarantee, just like Vortex. I will be comparing this $360 dollar scope to a $1700 Sightmark Pinnacle, which is being delivered tomorrow. That one has LOW Japanese glass. I have a suspicion the Schott in this Vector scope may be better. Stay tuned.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.