info needed about MRI mountain eagle 300win

buxton

Any body know anything about these rifles? I have only been able to find basic specs. I would like to know if they would be a good choice for 700yrds or so hunting elk,mule deer. Any problems loading for 200-210 gr AB or Berger bullets oal or throat wise. Any info would be helpful, looking at possibly buying one. Thanks for your help!

If anybody knows someone that knows someone that could help me that would be cool too!:rolleyes:

I dont have the actual mountain eagle but kinda built my own. Ordered a barrel from them 7mm. Mine is a 7SAUM built on a remington 700 long action. I have the same barrel stock and action as the mountain eagle just wanted a 7SAUM. The barrel is a tank in dimension but is quite light. I think mine is a little over 3 lbs and is the full bull barrel. I think they make a bull and one with some contour. The rifle ready to hunt with NF 5.5-22x50, sling, harris bipod comes in at 10lbs. That gun is an absolute shooter! One of the most consistent guns I own, its my Ol' Reliable gun. I always know that it will be sighted in and shooting under 1/2". I wouldnt hesitate to buy the mountain eagle or do like I did and order a barrel and build up your own.

Are you looking at a mountain eagle with the carbon or steel barrel? The carbon guns are built on a Rem 700 and the steel were a Sako L691 built for MRI and accept Rem 700 bases. They have Kreiger barrels. Absolutely awesome rifles for the price! I had a .270 on the Sako with a McMillan Hunter, I should've kept it.

I have the steel version in 300 win mag. The gun has proven to be very accurate. I am running 200 grain accubonds over h4831 and it will shoot 3/4 moa out to 500 yards. I havnt really shot it much further due to optic limitation. Only down side to the gun is that it is on the heavy side for having a sporter barrel. The factory trigger in the rifle is very nice and adjustable. I have mine set to 2 pounds. I haven't loaded up any 210 bergers yet but plan on trying them for next ell season. Hope this helps.

It is a steel barrel and looks to be a standard contour. Owner says magazine will barely fit a cartridge at 3.650 oal. He thinks its a ss krieger. I assume if I want to run bergers I won't get them near the lands. In a post by BROZ he stated the 215 hyb may be fine with a longer jump so anybody have any luck with them. I probably should just get this gun, and hope for the best but I really want to get what fits my needs best. I need a custom but that is too much money for me to invest for a hunt that may not happen.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.