Info FM H-S Precision stock owners

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by ARTJR338WM, Dec 17, 2011.

1. ARTJR338WM

ARTJR338WM Member

I am thinking of buying a H-S Precision Pro-Series sythetic replacement stock for my M700 stainless with detachable box mag. I am considering the H-S Precision as it is the only after market stock I can find for a M700 W/detachable box mag.

The factory REM stock is fine except it tends to flex to much for my liking, and if I dont keep this fact in mind while shooting I can affect my POI.

I plan on calling HS to confirm it will fit my model M700, but would find opinions of those here who have first hand experience with one invaluble.

Thanks,

Arthur.

2. Gene

Gene Well-Known Member

I have an H-S P on a Rem 700 competition rifle, and like it a lot. But, no matter what brand you buy, it should be pillar bedded.

Is your Rem factory stock bedded or have pillars installed?

3. timl

timl Well-Known Member

Check out stockys, he has Bell and Carlson stocks that will fit your 700 DBM. He has some in stock, or you can special order any color you want.

4. Nimrodmar10

Nimrodmar10 Well-Known Member

Why would you pillar bed a stock that has a solid aluminum bedding block?

5. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

I have a H-S thumbhole sporter on my 6.5 Sherman and I like it a lot. Very accurate and comfortable to shoot. I just skim bedded it and went to work..........Rich

6. Gene

Gene Well-Known Member

My old HS Precision stock does not have bedding block or pillars; I guess the new ones do.

7. ARTJR338WM

ARTJR338WM Member

Thanks to all that is exactly the info I needed.

Be well,
    Arthur.