Inexpensive Aluminum Tent Pole or Frames?

338winmag

Anyone have any thoughts about where to get seriously less expensive wall tent poling other than at the tent stores. This $600 and $700 cost for aluminum tent poles is just a little bit on the "crazy side"
We have a Montana Canvas 12' x 17'.
Thanks
Steve

Anyone have any thoughts about where to get seriously less expensive wall tent poling other than at the tent stores. This $600 and $700 cost for aluminum tent poles is just a little bit on the "crazy side"
We have a Montana Canvas 12' x 17'.
Thanks
Steve

I have made 3 different wall tent frames - you can buy a kit that provides the angle pieces only - buy your own tubing or electrical conduit and for a 12 X 17 you will have about 250-300 bucks into it and labor. To go even less expensive you can go to a chain link fence contractor and he can make it up for you if you can tell him what you need - the only problem with that is it can add up in weight pretty fast using chain link tubing. If you decide to buy a kit of angle pieces be sure you know what size OD tubing or pipe you will have to get. The first thing I would do is to contact Montana Canvas and ask for the dimensions you will need for total length ridge pole, roof rafters, and the legs to ground. I'd be totally up front with them and say you are building your own frame. If you have any specific questions from someone who messed one up - feel free to holler.

We use conduit for the sides and aluminum military surplus antenna mast poles for the ridge and posts.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.