Inertia Puller

I hate them things. I have beaten all the paint off of my bench vice and broken 2 pullers. Sometimes you have to wack'em so hard it deforms the point of your bullet.
I'm a Grip-n-pull guy now. Nothings faster and I haven't ruined one bullet or spilled
Powder yet.
I put a couple of cleaning patches inside the tip to stop that problem.

I put a couple of cleaning patches inside the tip to stop that problem.
You sound like me.
I hate them things. I have beaten all the paint off of my bench vice and broken 2 pullers. Sometimes you have to wack'em so hard it deforms the point of your bullet.
I'm a Grip-n-pull guy now. Nothings faster and I haven't ruined one bullet or spilled
Powder yet.
I like the grip n pull but it does put a circular dent in bullets. You just haven't had it happen yet. Not a fan of inertia pullers either but I think I prefer them to the grip n pull if I can find a more durable one. The powder thing isn't a concern for me as it's contained. Just not as convenient. Lyman makes one that looks like it may be a bit more durable

So I break mine the other day and I only use it to break the neck tension then use collet puller. I was going to order and dropped by my LGS today, he was putting one on shelf! Just got it in today! How does that happen? I usually get had them in stock yesterday!!!😂 Was cheaper than on line plus no shipping!
View attachment 352166O
Didn't they ever tell you not to drive and pull bullets at the same time? 😂

Back when I shot the 14 a lot, shot Ks of MexMatch. The best thing I found was to set up a seating die to break the seal, then pull with collet puller. Push-pull. Any turret press works great for that purpose. Did not have one early on, when the T7 came out I bought one and had it set just for deprocessing.

I use the coax to seat bullets.

View attachment 352531
You need more presses!

Where your Area-419 press. No P-Warren presses? I have 4 of them.

Personal reason, due to a handshake deal that went sour with the owner of Area 419 back in 2014, I will not give him a cent of my money.

FYI, I have not loaded ammo using the presses except for the deprocessing station and the DIY arbor press for my own use for the last 2 years. My buddies have used the Dillons, and I gave the 550 to a junior shooter and everything she needs to load her own ammo.

Last edited:
I have broken RCBS and Franklin, bought a Lyman about 2 years ago and so far its held up better that the 2 previous and seems to get it done with less strokes, I use a log from a tree I cut down to impact against, it doesn't glance nearly as bad as going against steel.