Induction annealing

Kgkimerer

looking at making my own induction annealers. Yes? No? Or let's see if that **** fool electrocutes himself?

Tac-O

@ButterBean ! I realized after we were talking about how we do it for fun that building a contraption for annealing is right up my alley for fun. I used to work in the brewing industry and make my own homebrew alot... So of course I have made all sorts of gadgets for that.

I think I just like getting into the weeds with my hobbies

this is the super simple setup I'm doing. And the beauty is a really easy to add modifications to your hearts desire. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/homemade-induction-annealer.6966638/

ButterBean

LRH Team Member
@ButterBean ! I realized after we were talking about how we do it for fun that building a contraption for annealing is right up my alley for fun. I used to work in the brewing industry and make my own homebrew alot... So of course I have made all sorts of gadgets for that.

I think I just like getting into the weeds with my hobbies

this is the super simple setup I'm doing. And the beauty is a really easy to add modifications to your hearts desire. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/homemade-induction-annealer.6966638/
I can't wait to see it Bud

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Team Member
LRH Sponsor
Anyone tried building this one?
Yes this is the video I was looking for. i was going to make one, but have about 50 projects back logged so bought an AMP.

Here are the parts on AMAZON
  • JWGUTS Magnetic Induction Heater Kit, 1000W 110V Electromagnetic Automotive Flameless Heating Tool with 8 Coils, Handheld Bol
  • +
  • Delay Relay Module, DROK DC 6-30V Timer Relay 12V 24V 0.01s-9999min 50mA Digital Timer Cycle Delay Switch Module AC 220V Powe
Total price:$249.69
Add both to Cart​
One of these items ships sooner than the other.
Show details

Magnus777

I'm putting one together. Using an old computer server case for the housing. Bought a used, 600W power supply for $35. Bought two, cheap induction boards, and two delay-relays, because I talked a friend into building one, too. He never did...so I used both, and wound up burning up both boards and both Delay-Relays, because the are NOT able to handle their "rated" power input. Patched them and re-soldered them a couple times, but did prove the concept, and actually annealed a .308 case, a .223 case, and a 50BMG case before giving up on the cheap components.
All in all, I'm in it for less than $100 so far. Been meaning to buy a better induction board to complete the project, but got involved in other things.
It will fit neatly under my bench when completed:
IMG_20210208_145203.jpg
IMG_20210308_195522.jpg
IMG_20210914_220123.jpg

Triple BB

There's a lengthy thread on Accurateshooter on how to make yer own high end induction annealer. I ordered a Flexion Annie, 6 - 7 months ago. Starting to believe I'll never see it...