Incline shooting

Ol Blue

So I have been shooting LR for a few years now nothing past 600 yards on elk or deer but my cousin just started two years ago and missed a great bull this year shooting uphill at a pretty steep angle. After going through applied ballistics and inputting angles I decided to look for help here. I know there are great formulas that are complicated but very time consuming when a shot opportunity comes up. I figured for every 5 degrees of incline to take out 1 MOA of dope. It actually gets pretty close I was wondering if anyone else has a simple formula like this and if it would get you "close enough"?

I need to go back through my sig 2200 to see if it does this but we use the vortex binos with range finder and the leica bino range finder combo most of the time to simplify and carry less equipment. Not sure if either has that function?

Sniper tools ACI gauge,tells the percentage.Like 90%I work it backward in my head and just take say 10% 0ff yardage ranged.As above it is a angle finder big as quarter mounted on my rail.Ill calc as shoot get longer,have it as a fail safe or backup for me.

Shooter app has it where you have your gun set up at the angle you are shooting or close to it and put your phone on top of the scope caps and it will get your angle and calculate it in with your data. Never had to use it because I haven't shot at a very steep angle yet. It's called the "Look Angle" on the shooter app.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.