In your opinion: Most important cartridge component.

What’s the most important component?

• Powder

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • Bullet

Votes: 50 56.8%
  • Primer

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Brass

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters
You can make due with any brass, primer and powder , but it's the bullet that does the work. It also provides flexibility and functionality. Obviously all components are needed, but without the bullet...what's the point?
If it's a flat nose there may still be no point 🤣🤣🤣. That was hornadys clever/lame Flex Tip lever evolution add..."all other lever loads are pointless!"

I don't argue your point about bullets BUT maintain mine about powder...I must be loading different cartridges than you guys who say you can make do with ANY powder...

A cartridge is an example of a unitized design. All components are critical.

In my opinion, brass is the most important. To many things could go wrong if the brass is not prepped correctly. Primer pockets to large or high primers can be disastrous! Case sizing and length can cause serious problems also, whether full length or neck sized. The cartridge starts with brass! Load safet!

Interesting question/poll. It really all depends on what I'm shooting, both target and caliber. I'm going to say Bullet. But as many have said they are all important. Or maybe powder is more important... l lol. I guess I'll hold on bullet

This is an interesting one.
If all components do not work together your dead in the water.
For primers some reload them but unless using fast pistol powder or Black powder it's not realy reccomended. Most calibers can be loaded with to fast or 2 slow powders safety but performance will suffer.
But if you understand reloading you can use sr primers in pistols. Mag rifle can be used in standard loads. All charges need to be adjusted to suit.
Projectiles can be cast from lead to cup and core then solid copper. I have used every type to kill game.
Brass is the single component that holds it all together. It aligns the projectile in the correct relation to the bore. It holds the primer and powder. When fired it seals the chamber so gasses don't escape.
I find I can compromise every other loading component however even if re forming a case eg 308 to 7mm08 you need consistent brass.

The OP asked components for the loaded cartridge (loaded ammunition), as in the ability to shoot and hit target X when propelled accordingly unless I misconstrued @Calvin45 's original post.
I lean towards brass being the most important component in general, so if fireforming is how to get the most important component of a cartridge, the components used to form that case are all of greater importance than the same component used in the final cartridge, so... all components are equal, but some components are more equal than others? Metaphysically or something.

I have reformed common .25-06, 270W, & .30-06 brass to make 6mm-06 & 6.5-06
Likewise .308W to make .243, 6.5-.308
Then .223/5.56X45 to make .20 P

I could probably cast bullets or having a lathe turn mono-core bullets

I might be able to get some loaded ammo and recover powder or buy some unusual powder that might work like .50 BMG powder in my 6.5-06 with 150's.

But there is no way I would consider home made primers or smokeless powder production in my house - toxic & explosive

This makes powder #2 on my list.

Importance based on availability