swaro z5's are great but if you're not ripping out the zero stop you're getting 13.25 moa of elevation.
I use a z5 3.5-18 on my light 6.5 and a 5-25 on a little bolt 223 and you may
not even be able to get the 5-25 to zero on a 20moa rail I see them run out of adjustment on that setup regularly. 3.5-18 usually makes it but its fairly close.
great scopes, amazing glass, and super light
Do you have any experience with the Swarovski Z 3- 3 x 9 x 36 ? Or the Habicht 4-12x50 ? Any guess on what the value is on a used one ?

Are they really only limited to 13.25 MOA? That's only 600-700 for most rifles.
the longer I deal with them the more I see lots of good euro companies aren't really into the long range hunting idea.
the swaros don't make one full rotation of elevation on anything but the x5 series that I can think of. believe the z8 has a little over 7 mil with a btf.

i believe I'm right at 900yds of available dial on my 6.5cm with the z5- 3.5-18 with a scope turret from New Zealand and no zero stop. just dial all the way to the end of adjustment and back up zero if you're not sure what rotation you're on.
been running it like that a couple years with zero problems so far

Do you have any experience with the Swarovski Z 3- 3 x 9 x 36 ? Or the Habicht 4-12x50 ? Any guess on what the value is on a used one ?
z3 if it's got the bt should be the 13.25moa once it's setup. same zero stop system. I like that little z3 it's a really good scope for the money.
no idea on the habicht, I've got 3 or 4 in a drawer at the shop that are still really clear but couldn't tell you what someone would pay for one

z3 if it's got the bt should be the 13.25moa once it's setup. same zero stop system. I like that little z3 it's a really good scope for the money.
no idea on the habicht, I've got 3 or 4 in a drawer at the shop that are still really clear but couldn't tell you what someone would pay for one
It has a Plex Reticle & NO Ballistic turrets, non illuminated Reticle. More of a hunting scope. I seen what they are asking on Ebay. But that sure seems high for a used non illuminated scope. Without BT. Thanks for your honest input. I will give it some more thought.

The Z3 3-9X36 is a great little lightweight scope. I have one on my 270 custom built lightweight hunting rifle. Had a good 10 year run taking Coues bucks every years at 300-350 yards. Zeroed so the point 1/2 way between the crosshairs and the tip of the lower heavy duplex post was 300 yard aim point, cross hairs across the back was 325 yards and the tip of the lower heavy duplex post was 400 yard aim. Always happy with that scope and never felt I needed different.

I'm looking HARD at, the Zeiss Conquest V4, in, 6 x 24 power for, "Dialing" L R Steel Targets on, my New, 6.5 Creedmoor.
Anything "wrong" with, this,.. Idea ??? I've read that it's Clear and "Tracks",.. well !
Can it do the "Job" ?? Any, .. Negatives / Pluses ??
ALL the Reviews that, I've read, are,.."Golden" ( 5 Stars ) so far.
Any, Thought's,..

Last edited:
I'm looking HARD at, the Zeiss Conquest V4, in, 6 x 24 power for, "Dialing" L R Steel Targets on, my New, 6.5 Creedmoor.
Anything "wrong" with, this,.. Idea ??? I've read that it's Clear and "Tracks",.. well !
Can it do the "Job" ?? Any, .. Negatives / Pluses ??
ALL the Reviews that, I've read, are,.."Golden" ( 5 Stars ) so far.
Any, Thought's,..
I run a v4 4-16x44. With 20 MOA bases I can get 70 minutes of elevation. I have put it through the paces the past 5 years and it does everything it it supposed to every time. I actually just swapped out a v6 for the v4 on my 260 because it has a capped windage (at least the older ones do). My only complaint and this is just me being nit picky is that I don't have a locking elevation turret. I have talked a few folks into these and they are all happy.