In need of a new scope

Montanasloth

I'm in need of a new scope for a Ruger 270 win. I'm leaning pretty heavy towards a Vortex Diamond back 4-12X40 with the BDC. I don't really intend to shoot this gun any farther than 500 yards and that's probably a stretch at the moment. My question is, would this be the best scope for this caliber. I've looked thought a few and I can't seem to find to many that I would like more without jumping almost $400 in price, which I'm not sure the wife will allow until after our son is born. Is there a better choice of scope in the same price range? This is my main hunting rifle and I want a scope that will last. Any suggestions or personal experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The Diamondback is a decent option. I have Legend Ultra HD 4.5-14 with mil-dots and I really like if for the money spent. You can do better, but you'll pay over double it's going price IMO. My two bits...

If you want to step up the Vortex line.....Here's a link to the Vortex Viper with the same specs....if you click the box....they have a demo with BDC for $349. This scope has side focus and other upgrades.

Vortex - Camera Land NY

I have a viper on an AR.....really nice scope for the money.

Wayne

I've picked up a Demo Viper and a Demo Viper PST from them. Both scopes looked as if they were never even handled. It was a great way to stretch a dollar.

Good Luck,

Wayne

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.