In need of a long range , range finder.

I have a Terrapin. I mounted it right on a bracket on my Kowa highlanders. It is on right where I am looking. Kind of like point and shoot. Matt

Dam , guess iam gonna have to got with g7 br2. Did anyone come out with any new longrange finders at shot show?

Last edited:
Check out Vectronix. If you can find a terrapin you'll be gtg. For some extra $$ you'd also be happy with a PLRF-10 or 15.

Euro-Optics has them listed at $1,995, and my experience is that if you call, you'll get their best price. Tell them that John Bieber referred you....might come close to the price of the used one listed (now sold).

I have a PLRF-10C. Think a slightly improved Terrapin(at a largely increased cost... dont want to talk about it). and it is awesome. it ranges everything, in good conditions I have got readings to 5000y, and knowing how well it ranges under 2000y i bet it was still really accurate.

I think unless you have a big hunt coming up you should just save and buy a terrapin. aside from the cost you will LOVE it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.