In need of a long range , range finder.

Timmyatneb

Ive been shooting my 6mm cm for a few years now and its been working great. I mostly shoot out to 1200 or closer with it. I have a lica 1600 b . Real happy with it , but when there is snow on thr ground its horrible. The longest ive been able to range a coyote in the snow has been 700 and 40 yards. I want a range finder that will be super accurate and pit up yotes and deer in the snow to like 1600 yards or so. I know its gonna be expensive i would like to keep it under 1500 $ does anyobe have any experience with a finder that will work in snow covered conditions to 1600 yards or so ..

I saw 2 for sale in last 2 months on Hide for right at $2000 discontinued Terrapin.Which is still hard to figure.Ditto above

Ive been shooting my 6mm cm for a few years now and its been working great. I mostly shoot out to 1200 or closer with it. I have a lica 1600 b . Real happy with it , but when there is snow on thr ground its horrible. The longest ive been able to range a coyote in the snow has been 700 and 40 yards. I want a range finder that will be super accurate and pit up yotes and deer in the snow to like 1600 yards or so. I know its gonna be expensive i would like to keep it under 1500 $ does anyobe have any experience with a finder that will work in snow covered conditions to 1600 yards or so ..

Try mounting your 1600B on a tripod for a solid , steady mount . I think you will be surprised . Leica makes a tripod adapter .

Terrapin just hit optics section here $1800 wontlast long.You will not regret and can always get that money or more back out of it.lightbulb

Man that was fast i was just getting money together , damit now it gone can't find any others anywhere.

I have a Leica Laser Locator Plus that is for sale- It is the civilian version of the Vector IV ---- if interested call me 336-957-7666 or 336-927-7666 - located in northwest N.C.

My buddy bought one because he couldn't get a Terrapin. It didn't work very good and he returned it. It wouldn't read even big things at 1200 or so. Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.