In-line Muzzleloading Match

ENCORE

Any members attending the May 2nd in-line match at Friendship?

I plan on attending and it will be my first time there. There should be a lot to be learned about long range accurate shooting at the match.

Its a 9+ hour one way drive for me. At least that's what mapquest indicates.
I'm taking my first real vacation since 78 this year. My wife is letting me go to Africa for 3+ weeks.

On top of that she lets me go hunting once a year with Mario.

I ain't even gonna try for another 3-5 days away for something that isn't making me good money HA!

I wish you the best of luck and hope you guys have a great time.

If they ever put one of those on within a half days drive from me though I may try and con her into it.

I'm taking my first real vacation since 78 this year. My wife is letting me go to Africa for 3+ weeks.

On top of that she lets me go hunting once a year with Mario.

I ain't even gonna try for another 3-5 days away for something that isn't making me good money HA!

I wish you the best of luck and hope you guys have a great time.

If they ever put one of those on within a half days drive from me though I may try and con her into it.

National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association There ya go........... Check for one nearest you.

Well the Good Lord willing, I believe I'm ready to head to Friendship in a couple weeks..... gun)

I'm not looking at it so much as a competition, I'm looking at it as a learning adventure. I've read about it and communicated with a few guys that go, and every single person has said, its an outstanding shoot to learn at, where everyone is willing to share knowledge and help. Yup, it may be a long way away but, to have the ability to learn accuracy methods and long range shooting from other in-line shooters, it will be an adventure. Its one thing to try and learn from internet forums, its a completely different option, when you can actually watch and work with other shooters while learning. We all like shooting the muzz with someone at the range, at this shoot everyone will be shooting the muzz.

Praying for good weather, everyone is safe and a lot of fun.

I have the rifle:

I bought and modified slightly a portable shooting bench:

I picked up my loading tubes, waterproof and will speed up loading. They hold the bullets and the charges, where the RED top will be the maximum charge for 200+ yards and the GREEN top will be the 120gr - 50 and 100yd tubes:

Then of course, I needed a better range box that would hold all the necessities. I found a box at Wal-Mart for $34.95 and used a scrap piece of 1x10, cut it 17 3/4" long, marked 1" squares on it, then used a 5/8" wood bit to drill the holes to hold the tubes. Shooting pellets, I don't want them rolling around and breaking. I think I hit a home run with this box:

Nice. What bullet are you shooting? Midway has a bunch of "blemished" bullets that look very similar. They weren't listing the manufacturer.

Best of luck.

Nice. What bullet are you shooting? Midway has a bunch of "blemished" bullets that look very similar. They weren't listing the manufacturer.

Best of luck.

Some of the bullets they have may be Whitetail Medicine bullet rejects. The WM bullet is a contracted proprietary bullet, made to exact specifications for Ultimate Firearms Inc. by Hornady. Many confuse the WM bullet with the Hornady SST. In all appearances, it looks like and measures like the SST. However Ultimate Firearms Inc. uses specifications which allow the bullet to be driven hard, yet still function properly. They shoot totally different than the SST, as I've tried the SST from the Ultimate and they won't group like the WM.

This target photo shows exactly the difference in how the two bullets shoot. By the way, this is also at 300yds, which is why I say the first target shows my winter's rust..........

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.